Forums Latest Members

Crazy things people spend a lot of money on

1. Thomas P. The P is for Palladium and Platinum Apr 16, 2016

lando and Bienne2998 like this.
  2. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Apr 16, 2016

donno ... hookers 'n blow ? ... :D

but thx for the link ... when I get quizzed again by the Ms.... I know my answer ....

"honey this fine old swiss made watch is cheaper than shit-in-a-can" ... ::rimshot::

lando, OMGRLX and gostang9 like this.
  3. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Apr 16, 2016

just figured it out: thats not just shit in a can, that is some serious vintage shit ... the donor took his last cr@p in 1963 !!!

so, there is def. the component of "limited supply" in there ... $282k seems fairly ok

Lonestar and OMGRLX like this.
  4. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Apr 16, 2016

Sort of, there are another 89 cans out there, but I do wonder if lucky can #88 will fetch more

5. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Apr 16, 2016

ohhhh....

didnt pick that up ...

seems that I am even too stupid to purchase a can-o-shit ::facepalm1::

6. Huus Apr 16, 2016

Lets hope he didn't have diarrhoea. Can you hear it slosh in the can?

Jonatan likes this.
  7. ulackfocus Apr 16, 2016

Holy feckin sheeyat! :confused: ::screwloose:: .... and I thought the petrified dinosaur turd watches were going to far. ::facepalm2:: Now I've seen it all.

8. mokofoko One sad panda Apr 16, 2016

So, what's the expiration date on that can? You don't want one that's gone bad.

OMGRLX likes this.
  9. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Apr 16, 2016

at christie's, they sure seem to know their s*it from shinola...

sky21 likes this.
  10. Horlogerie EU based Professional Watchmaker Apr 17, 2016

And here I am flushing money down the drain each morning...

lando, ulackfocus, SwissZ and 4 others like this.
  11. adrienbelanger Apr 18, 2016

The price paid in October 2015 was a little over the odds, but these tins only come up for sale every few years and will probably continue to do well in the future.

As with most editioned works, you have to assume that some will have become lost, damaged or destroyed over time; others are probably permanently housed in the collections of public institutions like the Tate (http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/manzoni-artists-shit-t07667).

As is the case with many important watches, there is also a reissue -- an "anniversary edition" of 9,000 tins of shit. You can get one online (along with a nice commemorative booklet) for €90 (see http://www.looklateral.com/en/product/other/artist-shit/).

12. ConElPueblo Apr 18, 2016

Must be awful to drop one of these and see it lying in pieces... Awful in several ways ::puke::

Really?!?

"First Shit In a Can" (FSIC)? Does it have an annoying detail on the label wrong and is the lid made of the wrong material? Does art collectors bemoan that it isn't entirely the same shit as the original ones, but one that is more cheaply made? :whistling:

lando, Giff2577 and adrienbelanger like this.
  13. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Apr 18, 2016

yep whilst the orig. can was a 39mm, they pumped thr reedition up to 44mm.

Hublot is doing a 48mm "big bang turd" LE, (dehydrated high-fiber depositions) :cool:

Omega is said to have secured 3000 samples of beagle-poo and will be showing a hunched down doggy on the dial of a chronograph... with thinking bubbles (here's what you can do in 14 sec) ::facepalm1::

IWC will have A pilots watch "when the little prince was really little - SaintEx- diaper stories"

Northernman and adrienbelanger like this.
  14. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 18, 2016

Honestly, when I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about ex-wives...

Northernman and lando like this.
  15. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? Apr 19, 2016

Kobe Bryant's air!

image.jpeg

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  16. Northernman Lemaniac Apr 19, 2016

At least the examples above is not trying to trick anyone! Paying loads for pieces of shit, or a breath of air, is entirely the choice of the buyer. They will know what they get.

I am more worried about people flunking out money on an Invicta or some other hideous creations in the belief they have actually bought a "nice watch" :eek:!
    L11211544.jpg
    ::puke:::whipped:::puke:::whipped:::puke::

My ex-wife was not hideous, but she was sure expensive enough to get rid off! However that's more like a hidden cost you are not informed of when you make the initial investment.
    :p:p:p

Buckeyes#1 likes this.
  17. vadimo Apr 20, 2016

Yaks!