Forums Latest Members
  1. haga888 Jan 17, 2014

The first one I received on "El Primero" day. It's a Zenith 01.0190.415. The only thing I've noticed is the bezel is a replacement, scratches on the crystal, and the tachy ring is misaligned. I think with this model number it is supposed to have the diver's bezel. But I actually prefer the pilot bezel so I'm fine with that. Other than that it seems to be all original except for the missing bracelet. But I can't find much info on this model.

Question for the experts: it seems to have a decent power reserve and when on the wrist and laid flat overnight, keeps good time (by good I mean not noticeably off). But if I have it on a winder overnight it gets very fast, like gaining minutes overnight. Any diagnosis other than it probably needs a service?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This next one is the non-chrono super sub sea. I'm not sure what the model number is. I saw all of the A373* on the other posts and it's the first time I've saw that reference so I went on a search. This is the best (only thing) I could come up with. I bought it mainly for the Gay Freres bracelet which was probably half the cost and I'm going to throw that on my A3817 (if it still fits after the heavy-handed polish). The dial, hands and inner chapter ring, I think most would say is a piece of sh*t and I'd tend to agree. But after staring at it for a few hours it's growing on me. There's something about the even destruction that makes it cool to me. It has a story (unfortunately it's not my story so I'm not able to tell it). The movement looks surprisingly good considering what the dial looks like. Not sure if it's original or not. Enjoy! Ready for the abuse.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

persco, stefan and MMMD like this.
  2. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Jan 17, 2014

Beautiful Pilot. And I agree there is something tragically beautiful about the A3635 diver.

3. ulackfocus Jan 17, 2014

Good timing and nice watch. :thumbsup:

4. Zuke Jan 17, 2014

Haga - I was looking at that exact Sub Sea myself. I'm in the market for one, and it was the only one out there. I know exactly what you are referring too, the longer that I look at it the more I like it.

5. persco Jan 17, 2014

Wow. This one is really stunning. I have to say I dislike the modern Zeniths, but very much like the vintage designs. Congratulations.

cozzani1978 likes this.
  6. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Jan 17, 2014

7. ulackfocus Jan 17, 2014

What's the story with that?

8. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Jan 17, 2014

It came to mind when i saw haga888's salty super sea sub sans secret story. Sorry!