Forums Latest Members

Countries’ Favorite Watch Brand

1. IDXM May 20, 2018

I was reading the Forum while watching the royal wedding, and it was mentioned that Prince William had a Omega Seamaster Quartz given to him by his late mother. Then last night I was watching Dunkirk and saw the Omega on Tom Hardy’s pilot. I know this is vastly generalizing, but do people in certain countries prefer a certain brand of watch?

2. shishy www.hpmor.com May 20, 2018

Sample size 2 :p but my guess is at the population level probably no... but you might fund subsets to support people enjoying one brand over another.

3. sjg22 May 20, 2018

I’ve heard the Brits have a long kinship with Rolex for a couple reasons. Hans Wildorf was based in London for a prolonged period of time, for one.

Second is the goodwill they received during and after WW2 - apparently many Brits POWs had their watches stolen by their captors. Rolex heard about this and offered, via Red Cross parcel delivery, to sell a watch to any POW, with payment to be made on their honour - I.e. after the war, once they had the means.

Always thought that was really noble on the part of Hans Wildorf/Rolex, and have heard it engendered a great deal of positive sentiments towards the brand in the UK - I worked in Lloyd’s of London for a time and Rolex was definitely the brand of choice.

queriver likes this.