Forums Latest Members
  1. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Mar 13, 2015

While trolling through eBay this listing caught my eye due to the low starting bid and auction format. I'd like a decent Geneve Dynamic someday, and this certainly won't be it, but I found the listing fairly entertaining.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251875349333?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

First, the description called it cal. 565, though this one is day-date so there's red flag number 1. Then I noticed that the day wheel changed languages from picture to picture...red flag. 2.

I then looked closer at the pics and I realized that all the pics are of different watches. Googling the photos found them from lots of sources over the lat 7 years or so. Then I did a google image search of "Omega Geneve Dynamic" and started seeing some of these images after very limited scrolling. Laziness! Low feedback seller, too. Vague description...Flags 3, 4, 5... Then I lost interest in counting.

Does anyone know if using stolen pics is a violation of eBay policy? I reported it but I'm wondering if the eBay folks will even bother.

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 13, 2015

Yes, it s a violation. they only allow stock pictures if your item is new. Otherwise it has to be pics of the actual item

3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 13, 2015

I reported it as well.

4. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Mar 13, 2015

Good to know. I assumed it was but ebay's drop down choices really only seemed to apply in a situation where they steal from the person reporting it. Hopefully they'll do the right thing.