Forums Latest Members

Couldn't identify the watch! Holographic dial, please help!

1. datdat Jan 29, 2019

Hello everyone, I am new here but I really loved all the vintage watches that you have posted. My grandfather left me this watch and I've tried everything to find its model and its date. I couldn't see a single image of this watch in google. It seems to me that this watch has never been published in an internet site. I contacted a very helpful gentleman in instagram but I was hoping if you could illuminate me more. Thanks in advance.

The strap is of course not original. And I also couldn't understand what the hologram is in the dial, it is very unusual symbol. Longines_1.jpg Longines_3.jpg Longines_4.jpg Longines_5.jpg Longines_7.jpg Longines_8.jpg

Longines_5.jpg
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 29, 2019

Looks like a 1980’s quartz Longines. This was a very dark period for the Swiss watch industry. Many watch companies went bankrupt or close to it. Longines was acquired by Swatch and survives to this day as a subsidiary.

The shower head on the left means it’s supposed to be water resistant. The case looks to be gold plated with a steel back.

I have no clue what the dial design means. Could be a company logo or it could have no meaning at all.

If you want more information, you should take the watch to a watchmaker and have it opened. Be sure to take pictures of the inside. Send them to Longines.

https://www.longines.com/certificate-of-authenticity

While your watch probably has a lot of sentimental value, it doesn’t have a lot of collector value.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

3. datdat Jan 29, 2019

Thank you so much gatorcpa,

4. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Jan 29, 2019

Galaga...

tumblr_inline_mlmyhgzoKU1qz4rgp.gif
    Vitezi, Paedipod, STANDY and 4 others like this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 29, 2019

Google Longines and the numbers below the dial. It’s most likely the movement.

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 29, 2019

It’s from that era

7. datdat Jan 30, 2019

Tried that a lot man, couldnt find anything, thanks though

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. datdat Jan 30, 2019

That is very alike haha

9. datdat Jan 30, 2019

Longines Heritage replied, thank you for all your help.

FD2EB5E8-0DA0-44C3-8C7C-0A753B32C50F.jpeg

Vitezi likes this.