Forums Latest Members

Could use some help identifying bracelet/clasp?

1. jayhawks Oct 24, 2017

All, greetings. I acquired this bracelet for my circa 2000 Seamaster Pro awhile back (I liked the all brushed links versus the polish on the Speedy-style), but never took the watch off the OEM rubber or cordura strap on deployant in the < 2 months I owned it. Recently, I have decided to sell the watch to help fund my newly acquired GSOTM and am now wondering what to do with this bracelet. I did some google research, but nothing definitive struck me (noob and all). Is it a Planet Ocean 20mm bracelet with a non-original clasp? I'd appreciate any input!

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg

2. Isac Oct 25, 2017

The clasp looks a bit off, but I'm no expert, so please take my views with a grain of salt.

What I find strange:
    - That the top of the seven is not in line with the rest of the logo
    - The font is different
    - The "TM" part of the logo is too big
    - There is no space between TM and Danjaq. The name of the company is Danjaq, and while they do repeat the TM in both the logo and the text underneath, this is not they layout I would expect.

[​IMG]

Edited Oct 25, 2017
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 25, 2017

I'd say it's a non-original bracelet with a non-original clasp.

I'm being polite by using the term "non-original".

4. jayhawks Oct 25, 2017

No, that’s what I’m looking for! I do have recourse if it turns out to be ‘non-original.’ I’ll add some more info later to hopefully help confirm one way or the other. Appreciate the help.

5. yinzerniner Oct 25, 2017

This exact bracelet has been mentioned on more than a few forums if you do a search. It's a fake and not the best one at that. Better to do your research before buying anything, as even ebay and paypal protections sometimes fail and the time, effort and strain of the return is always worse than spending it beforehand

6. jayhawks Oct 25, 2017

Thanks, yin. I already started the grievance process. You all are a huge help.

7. jayhawks Oct 25, 2017

Caveat emptor, I guess. Shop has perfect feedback over the past year, so maybe they were duped. Anyhow, appreciate the assistance and am disappointed, as this is my 3rd misstep on eBay with regard to an Omega accessory (deployant clasp X 2 being the others).