Forums Latest Members
  1. Souxi Sep 18, 2018

Hi I brought this omega constellation automatic from my local car boot over the weekend the watch runs and auto winds and will manual wind but the winder pulls all the way out and the hands can not be adjusted with the winder is this an expensive repair ? And how much would it be appropriately.and can anyone tell me the age and where I could have the watch repaired. Thank you

20180918_090408.jpg 20180918_090155.jpg 20180918_091453.jpg
    Etp095 likes this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 18, 2018

Needs a service which will fix the stem issue.

Google the number inside the case back. The number is the model number ;)
    Google the number on the movement as that is the serial number ( will give you approximate age for a 17million

Let us know where you live and someone close by will advise a good watchmaker.

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. 89-0 Sep 18, 2018

It definitely needs a service, and I'm not recommending you do this....but I (me), just for kicks, would very lightly prod the stem release button and see if it'll latch onto the stem. But I don't recommend you do this! :)
    download.jpg

Etp095 likes this.
  4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Sep 18, 2018

Welcome @Souxi
    Nice pick up.
    What did you pay at the car boot sale?
    The case is in good nick but the dial has a few issues around the markers and Star.
    I think the hands have been replaced but seem to match the rest of the furniture for colour.
    Do you have a pic of the medallion on the back?

If you’re in the U.K. the service will cost around £200 plus parts if something needs replacing.

As @STANDY said - if you tell us where in the world you are, members might be able to help with a watchmaker for service.

Here is a link to serial numbers - it will give a rough idea of the year.
    http://ialreadyhaveawatch.com/watch-articles/omega/omega-serial-numbers-by-year/

5. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Sep 18, 2018

Hi and welcome!
    Clearly a major service is in order and you can cause excessive wear/damage by running it before. Please don't!
    Think of starting and running a 60 year old classic car without checking or changing the oil.

Some nice, clear pictures would be enjoyable.

You may have found yourself a very nice watch, depending on what the watchmaker finds.
    Please show us more.