Forums Latest Members
  1. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Sep 21, 2013

2. John R Smith Sep 22, 2013

Lou

I am not one of the cognoscenti, but this is one of the nicest dials on a Cosmic that I have seen. The patina just adds to that, in my view.

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Sep 22, 2013

I think it is missing the 11 ::bleh::
    but seriously beautiful. the patina on that is great

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 22, 2013

I think the price is appropriate for the watch and the condition it is in - if you are content with the dial condition (or are able to clean it up or have a nicer dial) and are confident you can deal with movement issues which may be considerable.

Case - Decent shape.
    Dial - Heavy patina with some of the date numbers rubbed off - 11 and 23 in this instance. May clean up some but that's always a risky proposition. Hands are correct.
    Movement - Has age and will need service. Unclear from the listing if all the pusher functions work correctly. Also, the pushers are pushed out and that will need to be fixed. May need parts that are difficult to source so lots of uncertainty here.

With cosmic moonphases - important points are a nice original dial and a clean, fully functional movement. The fact it is a snapback case with 3 pushers that are not well sealed makes the innards prone to moisture/water damage - that's why only about 5-10% of these watches will be in excellent shape (in my estimation).

5. John R Smith Sep 22, 2013

Even though I know very little about these watches, Mike's assessment strikes me as right on target.

But it is interesting that the bit I liked (the dial) turns Mike off. I think I liked it because a) there are a zillion different dial designs for these, but this one has really nice gold hour markers, and b) because so many of them are re-finished - I thought it was really delightful to see an original dial. I wouldn't do a thing to it.

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 22, 2013

Here is one of mine in 18k rose gold. Same dial style but much cleaner:

[​IMG]

relojesenmexico, LouS, Hijak and 4 others like this.
  7. Dablitzer Sep 22, 2013

That patina on said watch is quite complimentory to that dial, I wouldn't try to clean it personally, but Mikes example makes you wanna cry...:eek: or go :D with envy.

8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 22, 2013

::love::..............::love::........I know it is very long shot.........but if you want to sell after next 6 month....aka Dibs.

9. Hijak Sep 22, 2013

Oh my...God, that is incredible!::love:: :thumbsup:

10. John R Smith Sep 22, 2013

Yes, well, I should have known that was coming, shouldn't I . . . ::facepalm2::

11. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Sep 22, 2013

here is mine, not quite as good condition:
    IMG00025-20130220-1317.jpg

relojesenmexico and Privateday7 like this.