Forums Latest Members
  1. KTS Feb 28, 2015

Just bought this - before finding and joining this forum! (Stupid, I know). It's on its way with UPS, but could you experts share you're thoughts on it?

I'm a huge fan of the black dial with crosshairs, but after reading several hundred threads here I'm getting a nervous feeling about the authenticity of my purchase. I'll send more pictures, after delivery.

Appreciate your input!

image.jpg
  2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Feb 28, 2015

Looks authentic to me. What exactly are you concerned about?

3. KIMBER Feb 28, 2015

I see nothing wrong. Good luck with it. And welcome.

4. KTS Feb 28, 2015

It was a feeling, since it seemed to good to be true. I had expected to pay more for this kind (I paid $400). After reading this forum I started to think that it might be a redial, but considering that it's my first Omega I thought "what the hell", I'll try! Anyway - thanks a lot for your replies. Happy to hear, that I didn't start my collection with a rookie mistake!

5. glennsim Feb 28, 2015

If I am seeing it correctly, it does even have original crystal =)

6. KTS Feb 28, 2015

Great, thanks. Can you judge the crown from this picture? I'll post some more pictures when it gets here.

7. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 28, 2015

Looks great, now you only have to be concerned about the movement..,,:cool:

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 28, 2015

I'm guessing a Calibre 565, really for $400 you could easily do a lot worse, the 500 series movements are excellent just make the effort to get it serviced before you use it, while it probably will run, if its not been lubricated you're going to do damage to the movement.

9. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 28, 2015

Looks original. Further, looks fantastic! Congrats on the purchase. I hope all checks out with the movement (which I believe is only accessible by pulling out the crown and stem then lifting the crystal with a puller). I mention this to DISCOURAGE you from trying it yourself. Let a pro do it (and I mean an experienced watch maker, not a jewelry store)!