Forums Latest Members
  1. Keep_Scrolling Oct 9, 2019

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 9, 2019

Is that the only photo available because the necessary tool is probably written on the back? Once you confirm which reference that is, finding a crystal shouldn't be difficult, assuming you know how to use a search engine.

3. Verdi Oct 9, 2019

I would go to a watchmaker.
    The tool is Omega107 I think...... but it is not as easy to use. Also, not worth buying one for changing the glass once.
    Watchmaker can also have or source the glass.

Google Sternkreuz, plenty of places to source one if you wanna get it yourself.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 9, 2019

Tool 107 is used for this:

[​IMG]

At least I don;t recall there being another tool that I've used on Cosmics. If you know the case reference I can assist with the correct crystal parts number. I do not recommend using an aftermarket crystal, as the tension ring may not be stepped, and this can lead to dial damage and incorrect fitting/securing of the movement.

Cheers, Al

chronos likes this.
  5. Keep_Scrolling Oct 9, 2019

aye, the caseback says
    166026 - TOOL 107
    I had no idea the latter of the inscription was a direct reference to the crystal remover.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 9, 2019

Crystal is 063PZ5123.

Cheers, Al

Keep_Scrolling likes this.
  7. Chi_spur Oct 9, 2019

FYI - there is a Tool 105 for a slightly smaller (33mm-ish) Cosmic case size and a Tool 101 for the ladies (24mm-ish) version.

As you stated though - for the OPs model, Tool 107 is correct.

8. Keep_Scrolling Oct 16, 2019

[​IMG]

Dear AI

I've finally been able to start working on this, and I've noticed that my cosmic actually has the correct original crystal, and I am now content to leave the crystal on the watch - scratches and all - as a personal preference.

However it seems like this crystal is not fitted correctly (there is a large gap between the crystal rim and the case) and I wanted to quickly ask and see what you think is going on here. Is this gap purposefully left to allow the tool to grip the crystal and pull?

Thanks for your help