Forums Latest Members

Corrector position on Tri Compax case (flush or extended)

1. bgrisso May 25, 2018

Does anyone know what determines the corrector position on a Tri Compax case, meaning if they are flush or extending out a bit? And also, should all three be the same, or OK to have some flush and some extended?
    I have a 22502 in the shop right now and dealing with this issue, not sure what is "correct".
    See two pics below from the internet of a 22502 with both flush and extended. So it seems the case itself is not what determines the position, rather the external and internal correctors themselves, and perhaps their interaction with the movement? (The external corrector pushes on an internal corrector which pushes on the movement). You can see them below, along with a chrono pusher and crown.
    I had originally thought early cases with the cross hatch type correctors were always extended, and later ones with the dimple in the middle were flush, but I can see looking in Sala and online, that is not the case.
    Any thoughts appreciated.

Photo A.jpg 22502 pushers in.jpg 22502 pushers out.jpg
  2. rolokr May 25, 2018

From what I always understood was that the earlier Tri-compax had the extended pushers, so if yours has these its probably an earlier one, if there are some extended, and some flush, it sounds like the pushers are from two different Tri-compax ?

Larry S likes this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 26, 2018

+1

4. billving May 26, 2018

My understanding, or what I have heard at least anecdotally, is that the sub 1'000'000 serials had protruding pushers. I have two tris with serials in the 900'000 and they both have protruding pushers.

5. billving May 26, 2018

Agree

6. bgrisso May 26, 2018

thanks guys, this was my general understanding, although I hadn't seen it narrowed to a serial range.

I think the current cross hatch style correctors are all a matching set, but probably not original to this case. I have a set of the later ones, with the small dimple in middle, which I think will sit flush, so will just swap them out.