Forums Latest Members

Correct crowns for defy / divers

1. rahilb Nov 2, 2015

I thought all defy models original crowns were the star in circle... I based this on the defy 'slab' / tonneau case models I've seen, and the a3630s I've seen online.

but I've seen two divers for sale, one is the subsea and one is the octagonal defy model (grey & orange dial variant, crown at 4:30) and they both have the 'waveform' crown (not sure how to call this one tbh) as seen here http://heuerheritage.co.uk/zenith-super-subsea-diver/4589706492

So my question is are these waveform crowns actually original (as both sellers claim) or are they (as I suspect) service replacements? Also at what point did zenith switch to the waveform design? I guess it's also possible for models to have come with either crown from the factory, depending on the production run of the particular model.

Thanks for reading.

Edited Nov 2, 2015
  2. danomar Nov 2, 2015

I know that the smaller Defy divers came with the star-in-circle crown but am unsure about the A3637. That "wave" crown is a common service replacement for other Zenith models, but I do not know if it is the correct screw-down version for that diver. It might not be a big deal, but my spidey-sense is tingling.

3. Cortezthekiller Nov 2, 2015

I really like the orange grey defy

4. papaebetu Nov 2, 2015

Both replacements, when borns the watches, the Zenith logo wasn't octagonal....

GIGI

5. rahilb Nov 3, 2015

Thanks Gigi. Do you know when the style changed to the new one?

I think it will be an issue, these crowns are hard to find (and pretty expensive).