Forums Latest Members

Correct crown for Polerouter Date 104601 Chronomètre

1. Jecha Aug 29, 2021

Hello watch lovers :)
    This is my first post on this forum. I am always impressed of the vast knowledge and the diverse content here. So maybe somebody can help me with my little project:
    I aquired a beautiful Polerouter Date Chronomètre in pink gold ( ref.104601) in 2020 and I am still looking for the genuine crown for it. I know that the original crown must have a "U Shield" logo on it and should be rose/pink gold plated. Though I am not familiar with the measurements of the original crown. What are the correct measurements? The non genuine crown is 2mm thick and has a diameter of 4mm.
    But i don't know the correct tap size. Could anybody help me to define, what I should be looking for?

Thank you in advance and kind regards :)
    Jecha

Vergrössert.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 16.03.39 (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 16.03.39.jpeg
  2. Dansnoppydoo Aug 29, 2021

I bought this one for my 20357-1.
    It does fit into tube but the thread is too large for the stem. Till then I realize the seller sent me the wrong crown which he claims this crown is correct for my 20357-1 and be throwing tantrum at me for going after his ass.

Be careful when you sourcing a crown, measure your tube, stem and etc.

received_2833961816857253.jpeg
    Jecha likes this.
  3. bgrisso Aug 29, 2021

beautiful watch! congrats.

@CafeRacer or @Mazoue might be able to help.....

not sure how easy it might be, but would be great to get an original crystal as well.

Jecha likes this.
  4. bgrisso Aug 29, 2021

sourcing parts is a minefield, even when people think they know for sure that a part is correct, it's a gamble.

Dansnoppydoo likes this.
  5. Jecha Aug 29, 2021

thank you. not easy at all - but it`s on my bucketlist aswell ;)

6. Jecha Aug 31, 2021

Thank you for your advice. sounds alarming. So is there no industrial standard for the crown/tube/stem measurements of that particular reference (104601) or movement? (215-2). These figures would make my hunt more structured... I am neither an expert nor a watchmaker...so please excuse my limited knowledge...

7. Dansnoppydoo Sep 1, 2021

I can't answer that, I will leave it to the experts.

But you can try look it up on www.universalgenevepolerouter.com

Which created by great members. Great info

Jecha likes this.
  8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 1, 2021

There is. It's just that very few watchmakers have the reference books from the 1950's which contain the information.

Universal as a company is pretty much defunct at this point, so you can't ask the factory like you can for Omega.
    gatorcpa

Jecha likes this.
  9. Jecha Sep 2, 2021

Thank you! yes, indeed a very very good source. I already browsed that site several months ago and I use it as my No.1 information source. Great documentations. It helped a lot. Unfortunately i didn't find anything about the correct crown-measurements either.

I hope that one or two of these watchmakers are members of this forum aswell ;)