Forums Latest Members
  1. iamsamiam May 21, 2013

So got my cool whiz-bang Speedy and decided to swap out straps for a dressier look. After some considerable hunting, I found great reviews and liked the look and feel of the Bellini sold by Cousins in the UK. I got it, but i'm stumped.

I haven't seen any bands offered at different lengths..sure there's what size at the lugs and buckle but not length. The Bellini alligator is way too long. I'm I do something wrong here? Also shouldn't it come with a loop to tuck in and secure excess?
    photo.JPG
    *On a side note, spoke with Bob at length (great guy and great company) and got a RHD deployant for this speedy.
    **The pic attached shows the alligator in question, compared to a teflon strap for a IWC Top Gun...to demonstrate length of straps.

What are your thoughts?

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 21, 2013

Many straps come in short , standard and long. Have you inquired with Cousins to see what your option were/are? Some deployant straps come with one or more keepers. This one has none as you have seen. This style would be good for an Omega deployant, which does not require or need keepers. IMHO an Omega deployant would look much better anyway, and it is one of the best deployants made as well.

3. iamsamiam May 21, 2013

Thanks Cincindela for your response. Of course after receiving the order I tried to reach out to Cousins....their 1960's customer service response is "dont contact for anything...unless you are buying something...no returns, no replacements, no help!"

First and last time i'll do any sort of business with them....I dont get how a business in these socially interconnected times can operate like that.

The band is nice, just too long and wont work with my deployant. :(

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 22, 2013

It's a business model called " almost monopoly".
    It's already reduced greatly in the virtual world era but not yet extinct