Forums Latest Members

Correct band for Longines 30CH

1. Farzan Feb 26, 2018

Hello Everyone, I jut had my father's 1965 gold Longines 30CH expertly restored by the Longines factory in Switzerland. I need to get a new strap and buckle for it. Since I want an original Longines strap, can someone tell me the size of the strap, the correct color and style for a 1965 watch, and the size and style buckle to go with it?

Thank you. With a new Longines strap, the watch will be as new as it was the day my mother bought it for him in 1965.

1965 Longines 30CH Second.jpg
    Syrte, MaiLollo and Spruce like this.
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 26, 2018

Should be threads here on buckles. Straps are a wear part... no idea if there are period correct one out there. Not sure I'd want to wear one.

propervinyl likes this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 26, 2018

4. TropicConnie Feb 27, 2018

Why limit yourself to Longines straps? Better straps are out there (same with servicing). Buckle size on 99% of modern watches is lug width minus 2 mm. Doing some research yourself for period advertisements will reveal a lot of information on the styles of straps. As with Omega, there typically wasn't a standard strap on new Longines watches and it was up to the person buying to choose from the selection available.

In short; anything will work, it's all period correct.

5. minutenrohr Mar 1, 2018

...sorry - not a really good pic:
    longines60er prospekt.jpg
    Shown here a ref. 7415, yours is a 7414.

JohnSteed, ck2503, Andsan and 4 others like this.