Forums Latest Members
  1. tab10 Nov 20, 2016

Hi all,

I will be purchasing a Speedy Pro in the next month or two. I'd also like to get an Omega Cordura strap as well.

I'm trying to decide between the cordura from the DSOTM watch (black stitching) and the one from the Snoopy watch (white stitching).

I know it may seem trivial, but I am having trouble deciding which one. Which one do you think will look better on the watch?

2. meganfox17 Nov 20, 2016

How Are You Sir [emoji68]
    Welcome 0n Board to the 0mega Forum
    How is Your Weekend so far Sir ?
    Sit back & relax . Our Inflight Infortainment services will begin shortly[​IMG]

Moppel and Linzer like this.
  3. Linzer Nov 20, 2016

DSOTM has 21mm lug width, the Snoopy has 20mm between lugs. Do a little research before you buy a strap that your watch can't accomodate.

4. tab10 Nov 20, 2016

I overlooked that aspect. I guess that makes it an easier decision. Thanks for pointing that out.

5. meganfox17 Nov 20, 2016

I suggest that you continue your research on the multiple Strap choices available for the Speedy Pro [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]If a woman can do it , I dont see why you can't either

6. abrod520 Nov 20, 2016

If you like, you can custom order a strap from the original maker of the straps, Jacques Rousseau. It won't have the Omega logo on it, but it's otherwise the exact same strap. That's one way to get the DSOTM strap in 20mm

7. ncstate1201 Nov 20, 2016

I would do white stitching...

8. Prieto9000 Nov 20, 2016

I googled Jacques Rousseau and couldn't find any straps, I found some under jean rousseau but I don´t know if those were the ones you meant.

9. abrod520 Nov 20, 2016

Jean Rousseau yes. Sorry, was working from memory

10. StreetTuff Nov 20, 2016

The straps are not listed on the website, you have to email them.

11. Tubber Nov 20, 2016

Are Thai Airways still using that horrendously awful Purple colour?

12. meganfox17 Nov 20, 2016

It"s more complicated than you think Sir
    Outside the plane Thai Sterwardess must wear their Corporate uniforms[​IMG]Before they board the plane , the female crew members will then switch to their tradisional & national Thai costumes[​IMG]Sometimes You will get this scenario[​IMG] but most likely they are not on active duty [emoji6]

StreetTuff likes this.
  13. Tubber Nov 20, 2016

I just don't like that purple colour. Last time I was in a TAI plane it looked like something from the 70's. Singapore Airlines are waaaaayyyyyy better.

14. LemansBoiler Nov 23, 2016

I went searching for Cordura straps a while ago also and then ran into the same DSOTM realization that you just ran into, but didn't know you could contact the manufacturer though .

The only Omega straps I found that would fit are the snoopy strap shown above and this one (CWZ004526). It has grey stitching which I thought would look pretty slick.

Originally saw it for sale here:

https://www.tapatalk.com/topic/1378...ega-cordura-deploy-straps-20mm-21mm-brand-new

15. yinzerniner Nov 23, 2016

Just a few points:

-The OEM manufacturer, Jean Rousseau, does do custom orders for pretty much any lug width, clasp/buckle style, stitching color, etc. There are a few limitations and they are: cordura color (black, navy blue, royal blue, brown, orange), liner leather color (black, brown) and lug insert shaping.
    -For lug insert shaping, on the Omega cordura straps they include a semi-curved solid plastic insert. The insert provides extra strength for securing the springbar, and in effect the insert fills in a bit of the gap between the case and strap edges, however they're not widely available. The custom straps from Jean Rousseau generally don't include the insert since I believe the inserts are supplied by Omega, but if you ask they might have a few still available. I had a custom 21mm navy blue with white stitching made with the insert a few months back when they had one still in the French shop.
    -The cordura straps fit LARGE. Even though they are the same initial sizes as the other Omega deploy straps they generally fit 1/4" to 3/8" larger. For people with smaller wrists (6.75" or below) you're best bet is a custom instead of an Omega branded cordura.
    -The black cordura with grey stitching does indeed look slick.

You can PM me with any other questions. GLWTS.

16. ChuckMK23 divorced caveman / modern sugar daddy Dec 2, 2016

I went with brown leather with white stitching - looks great!

From San Francisco OB

IMG_1494.JPG

17. ChuckMK23 divorced caveman / modern sugar daddy Dec 2, 2016

Do you have the product number for the Snoopy strap (balck cordura with white stitching - 20mm to 18mm deployant style)

18. yinzerniner Dec 2, 2016