Forums Latest Members
  1. Mazoue Jan 10, 2018

Does anyone have a contact within UG or perhaps an e-mail address?

I have been told by Procadrans (Stern became part of this Company within the Richemont Group) that they will not deal with private customers and that I would need Universal Geneve to act as an intermediary if I want to access the Stern Freres archives.

Please contact me directly if you think you can help.

2. ELV web Jan 10, 2018

It is pointless to contact the present day UG to enquire about vintage model.

3. Mazoue Jan 10, 2018

Thanks. I do understand that the present day UG have no records from the past but I need them to act as an intermediary between myself and Procadrans because Procadrans will only deal with a manufacturer and not a member of the public.

4. Diabolik Jan 10, 2018

Don't bother ... UGs knowledge base is a little more than you can get on a cent coin using a large font and are about as useful as a fart in a space suit. I know for a fact that they have issued letters of authenticity for complete and utter frankens !

5. Mazoue Jan 10, 2018

I'm just hoping that they can at least open the door for me at Richemont as otherwise I could be a bit stuck.

watch3s likes this.
  6. jumpingsecond Jan 10, 2018

7. Mazoue Jan 10, 2018

Fab, thanks.

Someone sent me the contact details for the person at UG that usually deals with the letters of authenticity and I've e-mailed him.

Fingers crossed. It feels like a bit of a long shot as there's not really anything in it for them although I did offer to pay for any information obtained.

8. Vitezi Jan 10, 2018

They seem willing to deal with auction houses to verify authenticity. Any contacts at an auction house who could inquire on your behalf?

9. Mazoue Jan 10, 2018

Funnily enough, I did try Phillips first to see what information they could provide.

They explained that it was no longer possible for the public to access the archives, which has proved to be the case.

But I didn't ask whether they might request the information on my behalf. I'll try that next if UG aren't able to help.

10. sjg22 Jan 15, 2018

This is a timely thread as I reached out to UG about an extract and about a part last week with no reply.

I'm trying to track down a bezel for my Evil Nina with no luck, so this was another avenue i thought i'd explore - anyone know if modern day UG stocks any old parts (it's a wing and a prayer but I've never seen a Nina bezel for sale, so....)?