Forums Latest Members
  1. Banner Roar Nov 23, 2016

Anyone seen this 18k connie up for auction soon. Not much information available so wondering if anyone has anything similar. Can't see anything on the connie blog or here that looks similar.

original-3.jpg original-2.jpg original-1.jpg

Samir and Tubber like this.
  2. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 24, 2016

I've seen this one too, it's most likely a dennison made jumbo 18K deluxe with intergrated bracelet, looks correct to me

I'd imagine you will find its a dennison case with a London not Birmingham marking as dennison sent the completed watches to shackmans (who made the bracelets)

Watch looks totally correct to me and a rare beast

Edited Nov 24, 2016
    Samir and JohnSteed like this.
  3. Banner Roar Nov 24, 2016

Exactly.....reminded me of a similar one on here a while back. :);):thumbsup:

4. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 24, 2016

This does look like an exception example, I am 99% sure it is a Dennison with a DS&S milanese bracelet, it would have been supplied new like this, some also came with lugs and integral bracelet but most came like this example with the integral bracelet and no lugs. It's quite an easy process to have the bracelet removed and lugs added in so you have the option of bracelet or leather

Here is mine

Dennison .jpg

Samir, ahartfie, Vitezi and 3 others like this.
  5. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Nov 24, 2016

Omega UK offered a service in the '60s where the lugs of 168.5004 models were removed and a branded bracelet was fixed. This watch looks like one of those 'bespoke' examples.

Cheers

Desmond

Samir, ahartfie and Vitezi like this.
  6. Waltesefalcon Nov 24, 2016

The only thing I know about it is that it is gorgeous.

Vitezi likes this.
  7. Banner Roar Nov 25, 2016

Agree it is stunnng but I fear it would not get much wrist time. A bit too bling for me with the gold bracelet. Without the flexibility to wear with a strap like the OF members example it is less desirable in my eyes.

MPWATCH and Maganator like this.
  8. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 25, 2016

Agreed, I would worry about the bracelet to be honest. Not my style to have gold all through out the piece. I can only wear my Rolex 1803 Italian Presidential because it's on an English swede strap to kill the "bling bling" aspect of the presidential bracelet. Still appreciate the look of the piece non the less. If it gets on a strap, I'm there 100%.

Best,

Thomas