Forums Latest Members
  1. Lacazema Feb 26, 2020

Hello everyone,

I've come accross a "fairly cheap" Omega Constellation Quartz I believe to be a BA 196.0138.

https://www.leboncoin.fr/montres_bijoux/1756402132.htm/ Asking for 190€ but the pictures are... Not good.

He's sent me another pixellated mess but the watch from what I can tell seems original and I don't hate it as a daily watch in the rotation for the right price. It would be my first vintage watch and is pretty safe at that price to get into.

How much would you guys say it's a good deal ? Talk down to 125/150€?

Much appreciated

-2654951714671338130.jpg
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 26, 2020

Save your money and by a nice mechanical watch for your first vintage.

No love for quartz here.

3. timecube Feb 26, 2020

I can see value in owning/wearing a quartz, depending on your lifestyle and needs and interests. Vintage quartz on the other hand, carry all the usual baggage of vintage with the baggage of quartz (and less of the quartz precision/reliability).

If you already collect modern mechanical watches and if they meet your needs as timekeepers, I don't see this as being much of a step up. Perhaps better to find a cheap(ish) modern quartz if that attracts you. Or as @X350 XJR says, save a little bit more and find a nice little vintage mechanical. There are decent ones to be had under 300€. Or less if you get lucky/willing to compromise/aren't wedded to Omega.

4. Lacazema Feb 26, 2020

Alright I'll keep looking for a mechanical watch!

Thanks for your input

5. MRC Feb 26, 2020

Oi, speak for yourself! I bought my quartz Omega when quartz was rare, expensive and fashionable -- dedicated follower of fashion that I'm not.

OTOH @timecube is partly right

Hey, precision is good, reliability, err well OK battery life with modern batteries not so brilliant. Apart from that good to go.

The important thing: Does it Float Your Boat?

timecube likes this.