Forums Latest Members
  1. DougA Aug 29, 2019

This is my first post and impressed already with the forums!
    One of my Omegas is a Constellation Quartz which I purchased new in the late 70's, (cal.1345).
    The watch stopped running and was told by my local repair person that parts were not available.
    I contacted Swiss Service Center in LaGrange, Illinois and received a quote of over $700 for the repair.
    $560 of that is for factory service. Please see attached estimate.

My question to the forum is whether they feel this estimate is reasonable and whether the watch, (photo attached), is worth the investment. Any suggestions for other possible repair outlets would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you All!
    Doug A

Swiss Service_edited-1.jpg Omega Quartz.jpg
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 29, 2019

So is this price for servicing it at their service center, or for sending it back to Omega? If this is for sending it to Omega, it would normally include the crown and pusher in the total service price.

If they are servicing it in house, they have a healthy mark-up on the crown and pusher certainly...

When the other shop you asked said that parts were not available, do you know if they have a parts account with Omega? Did they say what parts were needed?

Cheers, Al

3. DougA Aug 29, 2019

4. DougA Aug 29, 2019

Thanks Al,
    Good questions.
    I don't know if the service is at Omega but will try to find out.
    I also asked them if retrofitting an automatic movement was possible but have not had a reply.

I don't believe our local repair has an Omega account. They are very much a general repair.

Thanks again, Doug