Forums Latest Members

WTB Constellation PiePan with arrowhead markers

1. septentrio May 7, 2019

looking for a nice collectors’ condition arrowhead PiePan with steel case and light dial.
    Some guidance:
    - unpolished steel case with sharp lines;
    - unmarked dial or with light even patina;
    - completely original and with matching movement numbers;
    - preferably original crystal.
    Let me know! :)
    Kr,
    Andy

2. durri70 May 7, 2019

If you post a picture will help :)

3. ConElPueblo May 7, 2019

Matching movement numbers will be impossible to tell without an extract.

You should probably also consider which reference Constellation you are after.

4. septentrio May 7, 2019

I mean there should not be a discrepancy between the serial number on movement and related year of production, and the specific reference generally acknowledged production dates ;)

Reference does not matter if it has all of the above characteristics.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  5. ConElPueblo May 7, 2019

Gotcha, but with the huge amount of ordinary cal. 354s put into Seamasters in the period where the chronometer-rated 354s were put in Constellations (and chronometer Seamasters, naturally), you still are no better of gauging originality on one of those.

septentrio likes this.
  6. septentrio May 7, 2019

Very true and that’s why above all I would like a ‘barn find’ example with provenance... one can dream for that perfect one, right? :p

Oh, and a good 50x would get preference over a bumper for this one. The Connie is an elegant, understated watch begging for rotor action. But would not say no to a beautiful bumper example.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  7. ConElPueblo May 7, 2019

Fantastic statement :D

sdre and septentrio like this.
  8. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 7, 2019

The piepan with stainless steel case requirement pretty much rules out bumpers. And you might be in for a long wait since stainless steel models meeting your set of requirements particularly the condition one are hard to come by.

septentrio likes this.
  9. septentrio May 7, 2019

I know :(

Yet I would not mind a scratched case and a nice original dial with even patina. I’m not thát picky. If it’s beautiful, speaks to me, and the price is right, I would not hesitate.

Very recently two pieces were sold here that I would now most probably take in a heartbeat (hesitated a bit too long unfortunately).

https://omegaforums.net/threads/unp...-markers-strap-buckle-box.93664/#post-1215280

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-constellation-pie-pan-waffle.94390/#post-1225924

So as you can see, I’m not waiting for a showstopper, but it must be a completely original and honest piece, which is nice to look at as well :)

10. Caliber561 May 7, 2019

Looks like the specific reference you're interested in is the ck 2852 :thumbsup: Good luck!

Als 27 and septentrio like this.
  11. septentrio May 10, 2019

Bump!