Forums Latest Members
  1. JaguarMiked Jul 5, 2016

Good morning,
    I'm new to this forum - so I apologize if this is the wrong place to look for parts or help with parts.

My 1967 Constellation is missing the outer bezel. I tried Otto Frei, but no luck.

The watch is an 18k Or Massif.

Case reference 168.025.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! (This is a daily wear watch - so any replacement bezel doesn't have to be perfect).

image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Jul 5, 2016

Phew, You may have to go to an Omega service agent and they will probably refer you to Bienne. As an 18k model, buying a 14k gold cap version as a donor wont work because the gold colour will be different.

Your watch looks stunning, and well worth the trouble and expense of going the Omega Bienne route, something that I wouldnt ordinarily recommend.

Good luck in your search.\

Also you may like to invite or pm "Archer" a forum member to comment on whether bezels can be sourced form Omega. He has access to Omega parts.

Cheers

Desmond

JaguarMiked likes this.
  3. ConElPueblo Jul 5, 2016

In another thread a member says that a 18KT case back for a Seamaster was €1800, if I remember correctly. That should give some sort of indication as to how much this'll be. €1000?

Could a plated SS version work? I'm probably going to laughed out of here for that suggestion ::facepalm2::

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 5, 2016

The bezel is definitely not cheap, but still available from Omega...

JaguarMiked likes this.
  5. JaguarMiked Jul 5, 2016

Lol. I did think about that. I think the missing ring is less obvious than a mismatched ring. Otto Frei has a stainless steel ring for $800!!!

6. JaguarMiked Jul 5, 2016

I have sent Omega a request for quote on the part.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 5, 2016

They won't sell you the part I expect, but will ask for the watch to be sent in for a full service.

JaguarMiked likes this.
  8. JaguarMiked Jul 5, 2016

I also have a friend who is a goldsmith. If I could get a piece to borrow so it could be copied - that might work too. The material of the borrowed ring wouldn't matter.

marturx likes this.
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 5, 2016

You can always take it to an independent watchmaker that has an Omega parts account.

10. JaguarMiked Jul 5, 2016

I have one of those!! Yes, I should. (I always like to try and do it by myself first)

marturx likes this.
  11. JaguarMiked Jul 7, 2016

Ok, so I got a response from Omega and they want the watch for a complete service to Omega standards. I expected as much.
    Has anyone sent their watches to Omega? Can I get the original parts that were removed returned with the watch? Can I tell them how invasive I want them to be? Or - do they consider it their watch that I'm just borrowing for a bit, so they will do what they think is required?

A light restoration would be nice, but I'm worried about overpolishing, etc.

Thanks!

12. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jul 7, 2016

Or you could start posting ín the "ghost bezel"-thread... ;) like me (also having a watch missing its bezel).

Sorry - could not resist. I do not even know if you are aware of the phenomenon called a ghost bezel. Just a little fun with it (and not of you)

JaguarMiked and WatchmakerTheory like this.
  13. JaguarMiked Jul 7, 2016

I am aware of the ghost bezel! I think it's an interesting argument - keep or restore. It might be my ocd, but I hate having things missing.

marturx likes this.
  14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 7, 2016

You can always take it to an independent watchmaker that has an Omega parts account.