Forums Latest Members
  1. Excalious May 19, 2019

Hi There

I came upon an example of a 168.005.

The cream colored dial is rather nice to me, a little dirty but the fonts look authentic.

The movement is a very dirty looking 564. Definitely needs a service- but was wondering if there are any clues as to something glaringly wrong and would make maintenance more costly than normal.

Definitely not perfect condition by any means, but it's sub $900 buy-it-now so not priced that way either.

Thanks in advance!

Test6.JPG Test2.JPG Test3.JPG Test4.JPG Test5.JPG
  2. Passover May 19, 2019

Rotor shows rubbing, inner caseback doesn't

Pictures are overexposed that you can't see the case, wouldn't be surprised if it is quite polished.

Crown is wrong, 58 minute marker is missing, dial is darker at 2 and 9

Looks not like a good offer and 900$ is too much, wouldn't buy it!

3. Excalious May 19, 2019

Good point- the inner case back looked very smooth. Do watch servicers polish the inner case as well?

Just for future reference- when is the inner case supposed to show those tiny repeated circular brushings that you see with most constellations of this age? And if it's missing them, is that a red flag?

4. Passover May 19, 2019

5. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 19, 2019

Paint missing from the 12 and 1 indices as well.
    Degraded dial, polished case, movement in pretty bad state of maintenance, corroded case.
    This Connie is an unholy mess - save your money.

I'd be interested to see the movt serial number, as I think it's likely a quite late dogleg.

Edit: you can tell by the rounded central part to the rotor and the black paint inserts to the indices

The missing perlage is likely due to the HF case manufacturer. (which I can't remember seeing before) earlier CBs and SGRs have the perlage on 168.005s

Edited May 19, 2019
  6. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 19, 2019

7. Passover May 20, 2019

No reason to think about that, hope you had a peaceful Christmas than :)

Passed it anyway...