Forums Latest Members

SOLD Constellation Megaquartz £1450

1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 10, 2018

I am trimming the edges of my collection of watches and this is one of a small number of battery watches I own that do not suit my style of leaving them in a vault too long.
    P6100002.jpg

I bought this at auction a while ago and was supposedly a privately owned watch - but with an awful movement and dial. I sourced a beautiful dial from a fellow member and Tony at STS did some magic on it. Simon Freese has just replaced the battery.

P6100003-001.jpg

Case is beautifully sharp and the bracelet is tight. I do not think this was used a lot, and the work we did was more to correct deterioration over time rather than wear. I also got Tony to put in an extra link.

P6100004.jpg

Following is in yellow light:

P6100007.jpg

And back to photo lights:

P6100007.ORF.jpg

P6100001.ORF.jpg P6100002.ORF.jpg

Note the plastic on the extra link! (Removed now)

P6100003.jpg

Now I do not know much about these watches, just what I have done to it, and that it feels like new.

Why am I selling?
    I bought this on a whim, and then realised it was in very special condition behind all the age. Now I have restored it, it is too good to use daily and so I put it in the safe, where the battery runs down.....and I travel too much to keep an eye on it. (I have replaced the battery once since STS).

Who am I?
    I am a enthusiastic private collector, holding a large number of watches. I sell only when I need to finance something else, or like here, selling a watch that is outside my area of interest. I do not acquire watches to profit, but to collect. Of course I welcome an uplift when I sell, but it is not my motive. I have many references here on this forum, and I wrote the site www.speedmaster101.com. My reputation is important to me.

Terms
    Payment by Bank Wire, in UK pounds sterling to my company account in Hong Kong, or Crypto currency. (HSBC compelled me to acquire my special objects through a company account, as the amounts were varying, unpredictable, and they would not let me do it through my private account. So thats why you have to send it to my company). If you are uncomfortable with this, then I will wait until you are.

Returns
    While they are not welcomed, I will take it back if you are seriously miserable and very, very nice about it. Obviously you have to pay the shipping, and get it back to me in the same condition as I sent it.

Delivery
    Face to face is welcome, in UK, GU8 area or London. UK delivery is by registered Mail, insured to 2500.

With this watch I would prefer a FTF with cash deal.

P6100010.jpg

EdtheAussie, Tet, jimmyd13 and 12 others like this.
  2. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Jun 11, 2018

Lovely geometry to both case and bracelet.:) GLWS.

Spacefruit likes this.
  3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 14, 2018

A wrist shot in damp daylight

F03CA76A-972F-4255-8D4C-B18EE70677ED.jpeg A

nonuffinkbloke and Lonestar like this.
  4. Vintagewtchzilla Jun 14, 2018

and STS didn't change the corroded seal while doinging magic ?
    what happened with the aweful movement ? replaced or repaired ?
    what's the serial number ?

fireplace likes this.
  5. tyrantlizardrex Jun 14, 2018

FTFY with added manners.

AAAKK, Davidt, ewand and 10 others like this.
  6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 14, 2018

STS carried out the service on 18.10.16 and the awfulness of the movement was dirt and foreign objects. It was cleaned and battery replaced.
    The watch was tested for Water Proof and passed.
    The movement number is 37059022

I look forward to your offer based on the answers to your inquires...:)

Dero13, ac106, nonuffinkbloke and 5 others like this.
  7. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Jun 14, 2018

Anyone who has ever been a customer at Swiss Time Services, met their technicians or had a tour of their workshop would feel confident that they are leaving their watch in the care of a 1st class Watchmaking company. STS have an international reputation to maintain and would, willingly, sort out any issues of quality. That is my experience as a customer.

Good luck with the sale of this beautiful interesting watch.

Edited Jun 14, 2018
    MaiLollo likes this.
  8. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 14, 2018

On hold Pending funds - Thanks for all the interest,