Forums Latest Members
  1. Breso Apr 5, 2018

Hello from London, new member here!
    Probably mine is a common story, a couple of years ago I started looking for a vintage watch and what caught my attention was an old Omega Constellation on ebay, I really liked the black dial and I thought the price was ok.
    I have to say I knew nothing (and still today) about watches and I stupidly took a shot in the dark.
    It looks like it has been through a lot, and I just hope it's not a composite of many watches.
    I had it serviced, kept in a drawer for a while and today I came across with it again.
    It runs as it should, but still don't know nothing about it... has it been redialed? Is it genuine? What's its age? Any red flags?
    I took some pictures today and here it is...

IMG_7867.jpg IMG_7871.jpg IMG_7875.jpg IMG_7876.jpg
  2. Noddyman Apr 5, 2018

Hi welcome to OF.

I am trying to figure out what’s going on with your watch, - here’s what I think.
    1.) The case is heavily polished.
    2.) The dial has been redone.
    3.) The dial is from an earlier reference, maybe a 14393 pie pan .... not sure if this fits but that’s what it looks like.
    4.) Hands could be original but unlikely.
    5.) Crown is not original.

If you can find out the movement no. and reference we can tell you if it belongs in this case.

Sorry, you probably wish you’d never asked.

3. Breso Apr 5, 2018

Absolutely not! If I was sure it was perfect/legit I would have never asked! ;)
    Thank you for the reply.
    The more I look at pie pan Constellations I can see that minutes/seconds marks are on the inside of the "ridge", while mine has them on the outside, not sure I explained myself...

I'll try to have the back removed and write down no and ref! In case the movement belongs in this case, how much could it be worth?

4. Noddyman Apr 5, 2018

This is true of original dials but yours is redialled so anything is possible.
    Also pie pan dials don’t belong in a C case Connie.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 5, 2018

I wouldn’t waste any more time with this frankenwatch.

Dial is incorrect at best and fake at worst.

Don’t care about the rest.
    gatorcpa