Forums Latest Members
  1. Felice79 Nov 13, 2017

Dear all!

Owning way too many sport watches and growing older every day, i figured it would be the time to get a nice dress watch. The longer i look at these old Connies, the more i like them. But i know little about them.

What's your favorite, and why? What to look out for, what to avoid? Any collector's perspective that i have to keep in mind?

Thanks as always,
    F

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 13, 2017

TexOmega, mydeafcat, Felice79 and 3 others like this.
  3. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Nov 13, 2017

Also look at the show and tell thread if you haven’t already.

It’s a big question you just asked.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Pie pan or dome dial?
    Gold or steel?

do you really mean only 50s Connies?
    They are much harder to come by and even fewer in good condition.

And have you held a Connie?
    They are significantly smaller than your usual sports watches.

TexOmega and krillan50 like this.
  4. Felice79 Dec 11, 2017

Thanks guys. Ok. That was a very open and naive post - i'll educate myself now, and get back if i have specific questions!

5. Stas Dec 11, 2017

Felice, my personal favorite is cross hair dial, especially this one, which is quite rare I think
    [​IMG]
    can not find a credit but found this image on the OF a while ago when was looking for connie as well.

I guess we have more-less a similar size wrists ;) and I would say 34 mm look great on me (I have a 135.011 Seamaster 600 from 1964)

6. TexOmega Dec 11, 2017

Favorite?

Ref. 2852.JPG

Why?

The smile on my face till I take it off. And then, the anticipation till another occasion warrants wearing again.

Advice?

Get yourself a 27"+ monitor with 2560x1440 resolution to easily spot redials, and damaged examples. Mine's a Yamakasi. Then study Desmond's Blog and every Google Constellation image. Study Omega Forum Constellation posts. Ask questions with pix. Empty the bank for the right one, if you are only wanting one dress watch.

Enjoy the ride

OR

Just buy a vetted example here from a member.