Forums Latest Members
  1. omegawatchlvr Feb 15, 2016

Hi, I have this 18k Pie Pan Constellation , which could use a little dial restoration. Two indices have fallen off during the years and the hour hand has scratched the dial. I would like to install another dial as most refinished dial just don't do it for me. I've searched the Bay and Google but somehow could not find a dial. Perhaps one of the forum members can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any input, pictures soon to follow.

David

2. Willem023 Feb 15, 2016

Ah, then we will await the pics.... :thumbsup:

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 15, 2016

Pictures needed - if it's an early constellation it's almost impossible to find a nice original dial. If it's a later one - 60s-70s it's a bit easier but still difficult. If it's a solid gold dial then almost impossible no matter from what era.

4. omegawatchlvr Feb 15, 2016

A quick and dirty pic

image.jpg
  5. Willem023 Feb 15, 2016

From my knowledge: the dial has actually been destroyed beyond repair or 'touch-up'. Based on the font of 'Constellation' is is a redial, also someone tried to 'clean' the surface, and nearly removing the 'swiss made' in the process. Let alone the Omega logo and lettering.

Pfew, I can imagine that you want something else, but I reckon it will be difficult to find a new one.
    Other members will know better.
    BTW: case seems very much over-polished and crown doesn't seem original either.
    Do you have pics of back and cal?

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 15, 2016

Also looks like the bezel is missing among other things. That's a very far gone Connie I'm afraid.

7. peatnick Feb 15, 2016

Is that your seconds hand resting beside the date window ?

8. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Feb 15, 2016

Basket case I'm afraid
    I wouldn't spend your good money trying to restore this one - sorry
    Did that used to be a dogleg case?
    If the back hasn't been abused as the front it may be worth something to someone

9. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Feb 15, 2016

Watch's previous owner.

[​IMG]

chronos and ahsposo like this.
  10. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 15, 2016

Too far gone - dial as pointed out is refinished and case is missing the bezel and from the look of the lugs is in bad shape.

11. omegawatchlvr Feb 17, 2016

Thanks for the input , just for having an idea say I would like to get it right how much would everything cost? And yes I know it's overpolished

12. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Feb 17, 2016

This watch could never be 'got right'
    The case isn't just over polished it has lost its identity altogether
    Unless this is a much treasured family piece it is not worth expending time/money on
    If you want to replace the dial I suspect it is a case of patience until a suitable replacement shows up

13. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 17, 2016

The cost to "get it right" is the same as the cost to get a much nicer version minus the amount you would get for melting the gold content + movement value for this watch. I would put that at final number at around $2-2.5k

Willem023 likes this.
  14. Willem023 Feb 17, 2016

As @MSNWatch said: it will be more a matter of finding the right dial, than the costs per se: my wild guess would be that it will cost you a couple of hundred(s) at least. As stated: think of wanting to spend that amount of money towards a basically very run-down watch.
    apart from the condition of the inside....

Edit: reply crossed with previous replies from @Peemacgee and @MSNWatch

15. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 17, 2016

There are several photos of this model on the web but this one will give you an ideal of how the watch should look like:

[​IMG]