Forums Latest Members
  1. fortuneteller Jun 1, 2019

I am evaluatng this watch, a 2852 ref, rose gold, calibre 505, year 1956 as declared, serial number 15XXXXXX.
    The watch loks perfect under all the checking points, but I have a doubt about the dial script, because the fonts does not have serifs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The MOY test is correct, the As, Rs, and Fs are equally correct, but I usually see serifs fonts on the dials e the fonts of this watch look thinner than usually, in my opinion.

2. cristos71 Jun 1, 2019

Dial looks good to me, nothing to worry about.

3. snunez Jun 1, 2019

The sticky threads of a lot of information on spotting redials. Look at the top of the main page of this sub-forum.

4. fortuneteller Jun 1, 2019

Yes, I did, and I have studied many dials before. But I did not find an answers to my doubts. Besides, this is not a really bad dial or a watch with other errors. The watch is perfect, but the serifs of the fonts. Could it be washed and fonts be altered?

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 1, 2019

BenBagbag and Deafboy like this.
  6. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Jun 1, 2019

but this is a dial with spots.::rimshot::

kkt and BenBagbag like this.
  7. fortuneteller Jun 1, 2019

Thank you. Now I have an explanation about the fonts.

The rest is very good, in my opinon. I add pitures of the bottom and of the inner.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, of course, I know well the blog and studied the published essays. But no words there about che different fonts in the first and second gneration of dials.

Deafboy likes this.
  8. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jun 2, 2019

Watch looks good. Original pink crown to boot. Seller (Peter) is a good bloke.