Forums Latest Members
  1. Bruffell06 Mar 18, 2015

Hi everyone,

Been looking at this Pie Pan but the dial does not appear to be in particularly great condition and for me a major attraction of a Pie Pan is a beautiful crisp dial.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Would this be enough to put you off?

I've researched the references and calibre all appear to add up.

Feedback appreciated

Thanks

Michael

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 18, 2015

Totally.

3. li0n Mar 18, 2015

I think it is good. Been looking at this too but too bad I am looking for a stainless steel one.

4. John R Smith Mar 18, 2015

Dials in this condition cannot be "cleaned" - and it will only get worse with time. Avoid!

5. Sapientia Cordis Ev3rclear's Fake Second Account Mar 18, 2015

the crosshair dialed once are quite rare... i would recommend going for it - then continiue searching a second (better one) and sell the first after

Martinibianco likes this.
  6. Bruffell06 Mar 18, 2015

This is something I have also been debating.

7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 18, 2015

I think the non-crosshair dial versions are equally nice:

[​IMG]

toddle321, JohnSteed, dsio and 3 others like this.
  8. ketiljo Mar 18, 2015

There's plenty of these around, it's not rare. Find a better one, the dial on this one will just annoy you.

9. Hijak Mar 18, 2015

No, no they're not!

10. ulackfocus Mar 19, 2015

The "blemishes" are usually mold growing under the clear coat. It would take a world of effort & knowledge to remove ONLY the clear coat, then the mold spots, then re-coat the dial. You'd have to know EXACTLY what formulas were used to make the clear coat and the paint on the dial so you could choose the correct solvents and cleaning solutions that would not damage the dial finish.

cristos71 likes this.
  11. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 19, 2015

That could be. It could also be the results of the last attempt at cleaning the dial. This may have compromised the lacquer, allowing moisture to attack the dial paint and the metal underneath. As Dennis says, it is virtually impossible to reverse this process.

Crown is not original either. IMO, unless this is a real bargain, better to pay more and get more for your money.
    gatorcpa

12. Aroma Mar 20, 2015

It depends on price - if it is cheap then go for it and just enjoy.
    Cheers

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 20, 2015

:cautious:

Precisely, some are steel some are gold cap, some are tritium some aren't, some are crosshair some aren't. That's sort of like buying a Camaro that's been in an bad accident because its red, there are tons of them out there and plenty are red if that's the colour you have to have.

Hijak likes this.
  14. toddle321 Mar 20, 2015

Everytime I have done this, the "imperfection" that caused me to feel like I might want a nicer one someday has nagged at me and led to a quick flip of the watch. I am learning to be more patient, but it's easier said than done :thumbsup: