Forums Latest Members
  1. niels Aug 4, 2014

Hi,

I'm looking at this http://www.ebay.com/itm/271559469325Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network Constellation calendar on ebay.

It looks pretty clean, maybe a bit too polished, it's missing some stars.. but my otherwise untrained eye doesn't see obvious signs of creative craftmanship.

Worth a bid?

2. kamak Aug 4, 2014

Well, firstly the description is not correct. The movement is Cal 561 and case reference is 14393, not Cal 565 as stated in the description. The case and case back are really over polished, especially the medallion, the case back should have brushed finish. Crown has been replaced. The dial looks good to me, but could be later replacement?

I have the same watch with pie pan dial and cold capped case for comparison

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. niels Aug 4, 2014

Thank you! I've looked around on the omega vintage watch database a bit, and the dial seems to resemble this:

Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 9.52.14 PM.png
    minus the gold.. and the extra line under the Omega logo. The picture also supports your crown statement.

4. Dr.Sascha Aug 5, 2014

You might want to ask what "recently overhauled" refers to (looks like a pretty serious refurbish, and over-polished to the point that the Connie logo looks like Yule Brenner's head). Judging by the time left on the auction, it's not going to be any kind of deal. For such a premium purchase, you might want to wait until one of the forum members offers up a Connie for purchase. Guaranteed to get the genuine article, in mint or near-mint condition, not over-polished, well serviced . . . and the envy of fellow-posters. ;)