Forums Latest Members
  1. rascjp Dec 14, 2015

I hope you can help. I've read the essay about c-shapes at the great omega constellation collectors blog and also read a few discussions on the net about the bezels on c-shape cases. Some have said that the knurled bezel on the stainless steel and gold cap models in later c-shapes is in solid gold. However, in the essay it states:
    "As mentioned earlier, a C-Shape retaining its original finish will always have a solid gold sun guilloche bezel
    (white gold on stainless steel) in models other than the knurled bezel collection." (end of page 6) which suggests that they are gold in all but the knurled bezel.
    Of the stainless steel c-shapes I've seen in the flesh it "looks" as if the knurled bezel is of a different metal to the rest of the case and could possibly be gold but I'm not sure.
    So to my questions: Are the bezels on the c-shapes all solid gold? Are the ones with the knurled bezels solid gold? Are the ordinary c-shape bezels in solid gold? Or is it case by case?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. rascjp Dec 16, 2015

Any ideas?

3. lando Dec 16, 2015

From my own experience:

Are the bezels on the c-shapes all solid gold? no
    Are the ones with the knurled bezels solid gold? yes, white gold
    Are the ordinary c-shape bezels in solid gold? no, stainless steel (unless it is an all solid gold watch)
    Or is it case by case? i don't think so

Jacquot likes this.
  4. rascjp Dec 16, 2015

Thanks for the reply. I agree, but not sure about gold cap. I think the ordinary c-shape gold cap has a solid gold bezel too, and maybe the knurled bezel on the gold cap is solid gold too.
    That would leave just the ordinary stainless c-shape as the one without a solid gold bezel. Would that be right?

5. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Dec 16, 2015

SS Connie_112415 603.jpg So this bezel, which I thought was stainless steel, is white gold?

Of course, I may be wrong about 'knurled'. I've always thought of this pattern as 'coin edge'.

6. rascjp Dec 16, 2015

I think so, but I'm not really certain. I'm hoping that the experts will respond. I have just written to Omega and asked about the bezels and I am waiting for a reply.