Constellation black dial

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to buy this black dial constellation from 1954, but it has a few issues. The dial looks original and consistent with other examples from the mid-50s (though slightly out of MOY). Since it's the first black dialled watch I've had the opportunity to buy, I thought it would be best get a few more opinions.

There's also the issue of the broken second hand and, the service crown and the very soft case, with the medallion being polished into obscurity. Unfortunately no movement shots or service records, though the seller is offering a warranty (which I've heard they do honour).

Although the crown is easy to replace and I have a spare seconds hand, given the 'well loved' nature of the case, I thought I'd also get opinions on whether the watch would be worth paying ~1300 USD for.
Thanks 馃榾

upload_2022-10-29_16-55-46.png
upload_2022-10-29_16-59-8.png upload_2022-10-29_17-1-50.png

I am not an expert but honestly I do not like at all the lack of details of the gold medallion from the case back.

Pair this dial with a sharp case and you've got something very special. As is that level of over polishing would leave me unsatisfied.

Genuine dial. Nice Gilt. Buttery Case. 馃ぎ Gold furniture on stainless case is very nice. I'd pay $900.00, but I am a black dial lover. You really need to see a movement shot before you go any further.

I鈥檇 want to know how the dial looks like in better pictures. There seems to be spotting and what鈥檚 with the potential scratch on the bottom left quarter of the dial?

I would like to see better pictures of the dial. Are'nt the second numerals a bit long? I'm on my phone so maybe I'm a bit paranoid.

You are paying for the dial and a pile of spares here... Also, better be sure that the scratch is on the crystal and not on the dial.

Not sure if this can be brought back to a satisfactory state, without buying a whole other watch to get crown, hand, caseback, etc.

Edit: personally I would not jump on it at 1300 considering the polished case. If I had a good case already laying around, maybe.

Unfortunately those photos were the best that were given to me but comparing with another photo taken at a steeper angle it seems likely that the scratch is on the dial rather than the glass. 馃檨

upload_2022-10-29_23-14-33.png

It will be a few more days before I get better photos but based on the sentiment in this thread I should probably pass on this one.
Thanks to everyone who has given their thoughts so far.