Forums Latest Members
  1. Banner Roar Jan 26, 2016

Have been looking for this version of Omega Constellation for some time and just can't find one out there. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Any advice, help, any images or if you know someone looking to sell would be great. Marcus

2. peatnick Jan 26, 2016

gregger77 and efauser like this.
  3. Banner Roar Jan 26, 2016

Thanks, nice watch. Just got a thing for 168.018 constellation style. tks

4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jan 26, 2016

welcome aboard

the round cased Connies are lovely watches and the 168.018 is no exception
    there's a nice gold cap one on UK ebay at the moment
    lugs perhaps a little polished? -they look better in the other seller's pics
    fabulous dial
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-vin...655527?hash=item33b01765e7:g:hHUAAOSwUV9Wm5F7Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 22.55.24.png

if it's the round cased Connies that you are after -there is also the 168.004 and 168.010

here's a pic of my latest .010
    IMG-20151205-WA017 copy.jpg

5. Banner Roar Jan 26, 2016

Yes, my preference is for the round cases. The 168.018 I am looking for have later hands and hour markers as in the pic below. I think the combination of black strap and stainless steel or white gold case is a classy look. I would like to invest in a white gold version if I can find one but would a v.good SS version would be nice as my every day watch.

[​IMG]

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  6. Banner Roar Jan 27, 2016

I spotted this on a wed search - called a 18k solid gold but the info on the back cover says 14k.

Any comments, price seems high?

Omega Constelllation 18 Karat solid gold. Men's wristwatch

Caliber 564 mint movement. Runs fine. Chronemter officially certifed adjusted 5 posiitons and temperture. 24 jewels.

Near mint codition allover. Smooth and shigny case. Screwback with good condition observatory on back.

Price: 1,950.00 EUR
    General condition: Mint
    Issues: Slightly irregularities on dial, small scratch on back
    Watch specifics
    Brand: Omega
    Model / Reference / Caliber: Caliber 564
    Case material: Solid 18 karat gold
    Movement: Automatic
    Year of Manufacture: 1920's to 1970's
    Diameter: 35 mm
    B & P: Not included
    Last serviced: Unknown
    Mechanical condition: Runs (not timed)
    Functions: Time- 3 hands, Date at 6
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jan 27, 2016

good gold Connies are hard to come by -and fetch a decent price
    expect to pay around 3000 euros for a good 18K version (even dome dials which are said to be less desirable than pie-pans)
    white gold Connies are even more difficult to find and very desirable
    I quite like the 'blocky' indices and the later style hands of the watch above -but these tend to be on the 'tipping point' of collectors on this forum who seem to prefer the more classic styles (which should mean less competition for them)

the watch you've posted above looks a nice watch but the case has seen some polishing -so couldn't be described as mint
    -the case has been polished round -compare it to the edges of the previous image of the SS one you posted
    this is a common fault with gold cased watches as the softer material is easier to over-polish

the movement looks a little grubby and there are signs of rubbing on the case back from the rotor

I'd like to see better pics of the dial to be sure it's all okay -although I think the angle of the pics is distorting the lettering

-and as you say 14k not 18k gold

not wishing to labour a point - but the 168.010 also can come with a 564 and later style hands -and the bonus is the hidden crown

here's my rose gold cap version
    a lovely watch -it wears really well -only fault is some bubbling on the dial unfortunately (which isn't noticeable on the wrist -fortunately)
    IMG_3819-3.JPG

peatnick and ahartfie like this.
  8. Banner Roar Jan 27, 2016

Don't get me wrong, I like the more classic style Connies. They are in the blood, sort of, both my grand father and father had/have worn their pie-pans from new bought back in the 60's. Always admired them growing up.

I like the idea of less competition for the later styles. Added larger images of the watch.
    Yes, that is a very nice watch and like the hidden crown feature.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Electricl likes this.
  9. Banner Roar Jan 30, 2016

Anyone seen this watch. Is the date magnification and omega symbol correct or do you think it is newer replacement.
    He is looking 1500stg seems good price.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gregger77 and Electricl like this.
  10. MONO RELOJERO Nov 18, 2019

Here is my

20180205_142812.jpg 20180205_142840.jpg