Forums Latest Members
  1. JP59 Nov 4, 2018

Hi,
    My father died in 1980, and some of his belongings came to me.
    Since I was in military back then, the boxes went to my warehouse, and I totally forgot them.
    Few months ago I found and opened them, and for my surprise they was an Omega gold watch.

I've have tried to study from internet more info, and so far I think it is (not sure):
    Omega Constellation BA 353.0009 from 1972
    Should have cal. 712 inside (I haven't dare to open the back lit).

It works fine, but should I have it serviced?
    I read that 712 is not easiest one, so is there a risk of failure in service?
    Bracelet is bend or wretched just above case, is it worth of repairing?
    Unfortunately bracelet is also little short to my wrist, but I'm afraid there is no way to lengthen it.

I'm a human, so any estimates of value would be interesting. But it's not a priority.
    I'm not planning to sell it, but leave behind to my son.

omega1.jpg omega2.jpg omega3.jpg omega4.jpg omega5.jpg omegabox1.jpg omegabox2.jpg
  2. JP59 Nov 15, 2018

Status update:
    I went for the local dealer/service and their opinion was that it's worth of gold in it, nothing more. So it's not worth of service.
    Now I'm really interested if that's true?
    It's 100% original, I have box and papers (my father has got it as retirement gift).

Nevertheless, I will put it back to drawer and maybe my son will ask same questions after few decades :)

3. Rochete Nov 15, 2018

I don't know what market value could your precious heirloom have but I tend to to strongly disagree with your local dealer assesment. It is a vintage mechanical Omega, it is a Constellation, it has the thinnest automatic movement Omega ever manufactured inside, it comes with original box and papers from the son of first owner and it is in practically pristine condition. It is a valuable watch beyond gold scrap.

Speedmasterfan88, felsby and JP59 like this.
  4. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Nov 15, 2018

5. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Nov 15, 2018

Of course it is of value above scrap. Have it serviced and use it.

Rochete likes this.
  6. trash_gordon Nov 15, 2018

It's worth more than the Gold alone. But i'm not sure how much more. Depends how sought after it is.

7. borre Nov 15, 2018

Service it... and use it.
    So did I with my heirloom:

tapatalk_1541851260797.jpeg