Forums Latest Members
  1. wjmsemwatch Jun 17, 2015

Hello, First time on the site. My father bequeathed me his Omega Pie Pan Auto SS/Gold Date Constellation watch. It is a beauty. Very rarely used. It seems to keep perfect time, but I am not sure how to change the date or wind it. It seems that I am only able to pull the stem out and change the hands and if I turn the hands 24 hours the date changes nicely. My questions are: Is there a winding mechanism when the watch stops and is there a quick set change for the date? Any recommendations as to an Omega Watch Repair Service company for me to send this watch for a look over would be most appreciated. Sincerely, WJM Dallas [email protected]

Omega Constellation Pie Pan Auto Date (1).JPG Omega Constellation Pie Pan Auto Date (6).JPG Omega Constellation Pie Pan Auto Date (10).JPG Omega Constellation Pie Pan Auto Date (11).JPG Omega Constellation Pie Pan Auto Date (12).JPG Omega Constellation Pie Pan Auto Date (16).JPG
    ConElPueblo likes this.
  2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jun 17, 2015

I guess your watch is powered by a 561 and here is how to change the date

3. wjmsemwatch Jun 17, 2015

This was very helpful and speed of reply not expected. Sincerely appreciate you forwarding this to me. Based on the condition of my watch in the photos, would you happen to have an estimate of value?

4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jun 17, 2015

welcome to the forum and the Connies owner's club!
    nice watch -nice BOR bracelet too -a lovely bequest -something to keep in the family
    the Omega Constellation movement is one of the finest of its generation
    your countrymen should be able to recommend a watchmaker to service the watch
    -and if the watchmaker takes photos of the movement you will be able to confirm if it is a cal 561 (I don't doubt Hoi!) and will give you the serial number which will help you date the watch.
    the little faceted crown is a bugger to use -but it does wind the watch -just persevere
    after that -the best way to keep it wound is to wear it.....
    but do get it serviced before your wear it for any length of time (some would say before you wear it at all)

link to brilliant site about all things Constellation
    http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.co.uk

5. wjmsemwatch Jun 17, 2015

Very kind of you to reply so quickly. I will certainly be careful about winding this watch. Kind regards, WJM in Dallas TX

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 17, 2015

Great watch! I obviously need a family with better taste.

Giff2577 likes this.