Forums Latest Members
  1. Enrico Sep 12, 2015

Hi,

I have a problem with my Constellation 3961070. I can change the day by turning the crown anticlockwise, but I cannot change the day of the week by turning the crown clockwise. I can change the day of the week only by turning hours and minutes 24 hours.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong?

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 13, 2015

So have you been able to independently set the day of the week in crown position 2 before, and now it has stopped working? If so, then it needs to be taken to a watchmaker to be looked at.

I can't say for sure on this movement (Cal. 1444 or 1445 I think) but often with day/date watches, the day of the week has to be set by advancing the hands until you get to the correct day, then you can quick set the date to make them correct.

Cheers, Al

Enrico likes this.
  3. vinn2 Sep 13, 2015

wow; a good proceedure to rember

4. base615 Sep 13, 2015

Not sure if this is the standard Omega method, it certainly is the way I set with the cal 751 I used to have so I presume it is. That said, on my Seiko Bullhead, day is set by winding on direction and date the opposite direction at the same crown position as described by the OP.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 13, 2015

I don't know if there is a standardized way of doing this by brand - it just depends on the specific movement. If it is the Cal. 1444 or 1445, it's quite different from a Cal. 751 as those are quartz movements of course. The day and date on the movements in question are done by hands, not by traditional date indicating disks and windows cut in the dial, so again quite different from a Cal. 751.

I've also had a Seiko that would set the way you describe, but in my experience at least that is the exception rather than the rule.

Cheers, Al

base615 likes this.
  6. Enrico Sep 14, 2015

Thank you Archer. I will follow your advise.
    Best regards