Forums Latest Members
  1. JBnewbie Dec 14, 2014

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if someone could help me out.
    I received this constellation from my Dad who passed recently, which he had received from his Dad in 1972.
    I opened it up and per the serial # it should be a 1954 production.
    My main concern is that it is a caliber 343. From my research, this would not be the original caliber?
    Thanks

DSCN1922.JPG DSCN1924.JPG DSCN1928.JPG
  2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 14, 2014

Nope - 343 is a movement with subseconds and your connie is center seconds. That part with the 343 mark was probably switched from another movement.

3. aga79 Dec 14, 2014

anyway... great dial !!!
    I..Love...it ::bleh::

4. John R Smith Dec 15, 2014

This is potentially a very nice example of a "bumper" Constellation. The movement should be a calibre 354, which it in fact almost certainly is, but the barrel bridge with the calibre ID on it has been swapped from a sub-second 343. The crown is also incorrect. You should also note that the case clamp and screw are missing from the movement, which means that it is only held into the case by the stem and will be rattling around somewhat. It would be a good idea to give the watch a proper service and get these details sorted out.

5. sryukon Dec 16, 2014

Love the dial very nice get it service its a keeper!

6. JBnewbie Dec 26, 2014

Thank you all for your comments. It is very useful information. I still have to decide to get it serviced or have by seamaster serviced (Newer one I bought myself).
    JB

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 26, 2014

I'd get this one cleaned up and serviced, just be very careful that the dial isn't touched nor is the case (clean the case only don't polish it). Change the crystal, and see about getting a better crown for it too. It'll be nice when its done, belongs on a strap too, that twist-o-flex belongs back in the 70s where it came from.

8. JBnewbie Dec 26, 2014

Hi Dsio,I hear you, an old spiedel twist, funny, it was put on by my grand father who past in 1972. The bracelet is vintage by itself. :)