Forums Latest Members
  1. wwhntr Jun 23, 2012

Just picked up this stainless steel cal 354 with original patina fancy textured dial. I have been drawn to this early case style lately. I have found ref's 2652, 2782, and 2852, to be almost identical in design other than being screw-back or snap-back. Does anyone know of other no-date ref #'s with same case design?

Also working on restoration of a 2782 in steel. Going to use the white gold arrowhead dial. Omega 2652-1.jpg Omega Constellation dial.jpg

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 26, 2012

These case designs as you pointed out are very similar to each other with case ref. 2652 being the earliest one - it is the only connie case reference to house the cal. 352 movement aside from the earliest connie case reference the 2648. Now case ref. 2648 had a different case design - mirrored the centenary (case ref. 2500) case style.
    In my observation, the earliest constellations (case ref. 2648 and 2652) had a variety of case and dial designs particularly those that also had the cal. 352 movement - almost as if omega was "experimenting" prior to coming up with a more standard line of dial and case design for the constellation which I believed started once the cal. 354 replaced the cal. 352 as the chronometre movement of choice.
    I have a special interest in cal. 352 constellations partly because they house the 352 movement which featured the index regulator but also because they are relatively scarce and came in different styles (some of these dial designs/styles on these earliest connies were never again to be featured in the constellation line again - i.e. cartouche dial connie, use of a blue seconds hand, printing of the "chronometre officially certified script at the bottom half of the dial rather than the top half and others).

3. wwhntr Jun 26, 2012

Thanks, that's exactly the type of information I was asking for!

4. ainterian May 18, 2014

Sorry to revive a thread from the dead, but did you ever finish the restoration of the white gold arrowhead dial?

Thanks!
    -A

5. wwhntr May 18, 2014

Yes, I did complete the restoration on the white gold arrowhead dial. Turned out rather nice. Thanks for inquiring! Cannot remember if I still have this one or flipped it.