Forums Latest Members
  1. snunez Aug 4, 2019

Gents,

Here is another new to me Omega. My second newbie purchase, having gone through the long servicing process.
    This one looks in a bit better condition, and I find it good looking, despite being powered by a movement some dislike, the 1001. Comments and feedback greatly appreciated.

This is a sliver dial Constellation, reference 168.033. The dial appears untouched, with only some slight discoloring around the date window. The crystal has a few surface scratches and is much flatter than my other vintage pieces. The serial number puts this one at 1970. Anyone know if the lack of lume at 12,3,6,9 is normal?

IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG

The case appears to be unpolished. The brush lines around the crystal and on the sides of the case are still visible:

IMG_0234.JPG

The case back likewise shows signs no sign of polishing (to my eye anyway):

IMG_0230.JPG

I think the crown is original. It is signed.

IMG_0232.JPG

The bracelet is a 1125, with 560 end links:

IMG_0236.JPG

and appears to be in good condition:
    IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0238.JPG

The movement seemed relatively clean. This photo is from the watchmaker prior to servicing:

KRWD6654.JPG

My watchmaker told me not to worry about the 1001 movement. According to him a 'modern servicing will take care of the issues that some of the movements had back in the day. I gather from what he says it has to do with the lubricants. Was this BS or are the 10XX movements fixed as easily as he says?

So, how was this for a newbie purchase? I'm going to go with 'original dial'. I suppose between the 1152 and unpolished case it would be hard to go wrong (I hope), especially given it was right around $1000.

IMG_0227.JPG
    ConElPueblo likes this.
  2. sdre Aug 4, 2019

Quick google shows nothing alarming.

[​IMG]

you paid 1k USD or 1k SGD for this?

Hands look different though,

3. snunez Aug 4, 2019

USD

4. snunez Aug 6, 2019

So, any comments on how well this was fished? Too expensive? 1001 movement ... is it as bad as they say with a modern service? Anyone else agree the dial and case are original?

5. ConElPueblo Aug 6, 2019

Well, it could probably (?) have been a bit cheaper, but in that condition? I think you'd have to wait a long time for it to pop up :)

I like it a lot, especially in this condition. The bracelet is a big bonus, as it fits straight on to a Speedmaster FOIS. Nice catch :thumbsup: