Forums Latest Members
  1. hellohenri Dec 12, 2015

Hello all,

I'm wondering if someone can advise if this constellation is ok. As in, not a redial and well correct case/movement.

Thanks in advance

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361413426362Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Dec 12, 2015

Hi Hellohenri

welcome to the forum

did you buy this watch? I see it finished 1 nov

I bought a very similar one recently

The one listed on ebay looks really good to me
    nice dial
    nice case
    correct crown
    nice medallion
    onyx inserts in gold indices

the strap is rather used -but that lends character
    not sure about the buckle -worth looking at Desmond's site -there is an essay on buckles there
    http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.co.uk

serial probably puts it nearer '67 than '66 IMO

Difficult to comment on the level of service unless you have proof of a full service -ask the seller for details -otherwise I would factor in a service in the near future before you wear it

The only negative I can see is that -if I'm correct -the rather nice box is a Seamaster box not a Constellation box

I'm not suggesting that this has happened in your case -but some unscrupulous dealers put together 'sets' of watch, box and papers to attract more buyers

This doesn't detract from a very nice Constellation -and should only concern you if you set out to buy a watch with original box and papers and feel you paid a premium for them

BTW -regardless of box and papers -the sale price is not bad for Connie like this in the current market

Philip

3. hellohenri Dec 13, 2015

Hi Philip

Thank you for your extended reply. I did buy this watch and really love the look of it.

I was worried that the seller did put 'sets' together and that I might pay more than I should.
    Especially the existence of the paper that goes with it. Is the paper legit?
    The watch function and keep time really well. What do you think about the movement? Does the parts looks ok?
    I'm happy to know I paid current market price.

Thank you for suggesting Desmond site. Very helpful.

Thanks again for your help

Henri

4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Dec 13, 2015

Hi Henri
    congratulations on your new Connie!

sometimes sellers acquire original certs and then type in the serial number for the watch
    there is no way of knowing if the papers are legit -unless you have the sales receipt too (even these can be 'replicated' (forged)

re the movement
    it looks good and clean
    perhaps some signs of rubbing on the rotor -look at the high point between W and Co
    the watch back doesn't have any rub marks -but neither would it if it has been recently cleaned

I would contact the seller to ask full details about the service -he has nothing to hide now you've bought the watch
    if it was a 'clean and lube' then i would have the watch properly serviced before you wear it

the more I look at your watch the more I like it

my latest (and coincidentally very similar) 168.010 says hello

Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 19.47.26.png

hellohenri likes this.
  5. TNTwatch Dec 13, 2015

The box is not right, but the paper looks legit with the serial printed/stamped on. Has some value but not really much though.

6. hellohenri Dec 13, 2015

Thank you both for the feedback. This is very helpful.