Forums Latest Members
  1. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Sep 29, 2012

So I decided to see what all the hoopla is about Constellations. With the help of the "recommended" thread (specifically MSNWatch), I sprang for a steel 168.004 claimed to be a single owner piece, and co-branded Tuerler (I happen to like jeweler branded pieces - I feel it adds a little history, esp if the jeweler is defunct - Tuerler of course is not). It arrived yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is in very good condition, particularly the dial. It comes with the original buckle, and if not the original strap, something very nearly so. Single-owner status seems credible to me.

Above and beyond issues of condition, I get it about Constellations or at least about this one. It is of of remarkably unitary design. Looking at it, one is left with an impression of facets and razor-straight lines that carry over from dial details, to dial, to case - very cut gem-like. The sense of a rectilinear object is surprising in what is at root a round one! The brushed silver dial, combined with silver dial furniture and steel case, with only black details enhances the appearance that it is all of a piece. It all catches the light beautifully and conveys understated (in steel, anyway) richness.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  2. ulackfocus Sep 29, 2012

Dude, look at the bevel on the bezel and the crisp facets on those lugs. Nice snag as usual Lou!

3. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Sep 29, 2012

Nice addition Lou, I was going to say you must have a thing for these retailed pieces! I really like that one with Asprey on the dial too. :)

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 29, 2012

Cool thing is if you get it serviced, especially with a movement as clean looking as that, you can have it sit on +1/+2 solidly on the wrist as a COSC chronometer again, more accurate than most new TAG's.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 29, 2012

For god sake don't tell everybody !

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 29, 2012

I've even seen dirty ones do the same too :eek: