Forums Latest Members
  1. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Mar 20, 2014

Hi

One of the rarest Constellation series are the 14747 and 14397, powered by the remaining inventory of the calibre 504. I've never seen a 14397, however I've come across a few 14747s over the years.

I've done a post on my blog about these models here, and would love to hear from anyone who has seen these elusive pieces.

Cheers

Desmond

2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Mar 20, 2014

Hi Desmond.

Here are some photos of the rare 14397 that I have. Unfortunately, I only have the photos with me, not the watch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best regards.

3. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Mar 20, 2014

Hi Hoi,

Thanks a mill for sharing your pics. May I also post them in the blog piece?

I knew you were looking for a 14397 some time ago and obviously you found one. Congratulations! Which country did you find it in?

Regards

Desmond

4. tomvox1 Mar 20, 2014

Not
    Not directly related to the topic but can I just say that your blog is absolutely invaluable and a must read for anyone considering dipping a toe into the waters of Connie collecting. Between it and this forum I have learned so much about vintage Omega Dress models and it's really opened up a whole other non-chronograph world for me (with admittedly deleterious effects on my bank account ;) ). So thanks for all that & keep up the great work! :thumbsup:
    Best regards,
    Tom

5. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Mar 20, 2014

Hi Desmond.
    5 years ago a friend of mine from Viet Nam asked me about this watch which was offered to him . I told him to buy it but he preferred a piepan with dogleg lugs and he let me buy it (thanks God).
    Sure you can use these photos for any purposes you like.

Best regards.

6. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Mar 20, 2014

Thanks Tom, and here's to a magical top-up to your bank account :)

And thanks to you Hoi, much appreciated. I'll add the pics to the post.

Regards

Desmond

7. Dablitzer Mar 21, 2014

Hi Desmond,

Come to think of it I do know a collector who has got a 14747 in his collection since I tried to buy it a while ago. I will endeavour to get some pictures at some point.

Regards

Alex

8. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Mar 21, 2014

Thanks Alex, much appreciated.

It's good to see more of these pieces come out of the woodwork.

Regards

Desmond

Dablitzer likes this.
  9. John Murphy Dec 18, 2017

Just found your blog. Was looking for information on my Omega Constellation given to me by my mother upon my Father's passing. I had it appraised but really not much information on it. Think he was gue Omega constellation.JPG

10. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Dec 19, 2017

Looks to me to be a model 2943 with a relatively sharp case. Original crown style, however the dial has been refinished at some stage hence the non-rounded Ns in Constellation. Would look rather nice on the wrist.

Cheers

Desmond

ConElPueblo likes this.