Forums Latest Members
  1. l'eremita Jun 23, 2013

Hello, all,
    First post from an Omega admirer but I don't currently own one. I have been eyeing various models throughout the past couple of years and wondered whether any of the experts out there could help me assess whether the attached would be a good buy. I'd appreciate any insight you may have!
    Thanks
    http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/yrk/jwl/3864797284.html

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 23, 2013

At first glance, the dial looks nice and the case is OK.
    However ask case back, inside caseback and the inside movement pictures to get better assessment. The price should be 50-100 lower.

3. ulackfocus Jun 23, 2013

Quartz or manual wind? Pictures of the rest of the watch?

4. l'eremita Jun 23, 2013

Thanks - I'm told it's quartz and I believe the seller will let it go for $300. If I'm interested at that price, he'll send me more pictures. I want to wear this as my every day watch but it's hard for me to tell how big the face is from these few pictures. I'm a female but it's a man's watch, so I hope it won't be ridiculously large. It looks pretty streamlined from the photos.

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 23, 2013

probably a bit too much for a quartz watch. My guess is the watch is ~33m, which is quite a common ladies size now days. However, some women (my wife included) like MUCH smaller watches, so that is personal preference. but at this price, I'd pass.

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 23, 2013

If it is Quartz, it should be less than USD 220

7. l'eremita Aug 11, 2013

I couldn't get the price down enough on the De Ville so I passed on it, but am now considering this Seamaster Geneve.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...-cal-601-Manual-Wind-Watch-W0QQAdIdZ447989387
    I really like how clean it looks and while I know maybe this shouldn't factor so much, I love the strap pairing. The dial is apparently original, and it's a manual wind. Also the back is engraved "12. 4. 69", which, if in mm-dd-yy format, is my birthday day and month so I think it's a sign lol. Not sure whether its overpriced, though. How long could I reasonably expect this watch to be functional?

8. Hijak Aug 11, 2013

At least he's being honest about the dial being refinished. But the dial has been refinished which decreases value, IMO it's priced too high. I'd wait for others with more experience to chime in.

9. l'eremita Aug 13, 2013

I'm told that everything is original but for the crystal. Seller thinks the dial was professionally restored/cleaned and will reduce to $325 but no less. If it's possible to get a similar piece in as good a condition without any refinishing to the dial and at the same price point, I guess I could hold out.