Forums Latest Members

Considering purchase of a ‘daily’ automatic, question to ask.

1. DailyAdvancement Aug 14, 2019

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-ME...748249?hash=item1eff730a59:g:G5sAAOSwL8BdSGz4Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Hope this is right place to post for advice.
    Keen to get a ‘daily’ automatic, just seen the above on eBay (UK), anyone able to advise if authentic and worth me buying?
    TIA, Tony

Couldn’t see any info on movement:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-ME...D-PLATE-WATCH-1973-CALIBRE-1012-/133134748249Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

so have asked for higher def picture.

2. Noddyman Aug 14, 2019

The plating on the lugs looks to be wearing a little thin if that bothers you.
    I won’t pretend to know anything more on this reference so please wait for others to comment.

DailyAdvancement and Foo2rama like this.
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 14, 2019

Are you interested in this watch because you really like it or because it seems inexpensive?

DaveK likes this.
  4. DailyAdvancement Aug 15, 2019

Thanks for responses, I don’t like overtly ‘fancy’ watches, fairly practical nature so nor do I always discard wear items before doing things, so a cheap quality daily i wouldn’t cry over seems a good choice, this was cheap enough to buy but in the end I stopped bidding at £225 simply because I had niggles about the stated non-return policy and limited knowledge if this was fake or (as read on this thread) cobbled together from different Omega components, thus at best unreliable.

Still, there will be others and has encouraged me to read more of the pitfalls.
    Thanks again.

5. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Aug 15, 2019

Welcome to OF. Kindly post photos, not just links in future posts (or post pics of this watch if you can). Links quickly become useless, along with all the good info from the replies

Shabbaz and joe band like this.
  6. DailyAdvancement Aug 16, 2019

Understood, will do.

Edited Aug 16, 2019
  7. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Aug 16, 2019

How 'bout a 2254.50? I'll bet it's more than you'd like to spend but IMHO there's no better "every day beater".

perks713 likes this.
  8. DailyAdvancement Aug 19, 2019

Thanks to those who sent links for available daily watches, have been riverside in rural Norfolk the last several days so unable to respond.
    Unfortunately UK customs & taxes would add circa 30%+ to any USA purchases, not expecting to be in USA(WV) anytime soon therefore will need to buy locally (UK),
    thanks anyway guys!

9. tikkathree Aug 19, 2019

Welcome, DailyAdvancement, and from Suffolk I hope you enjoy your time at this forum.

Your profile image: wouldn't be a keystone by any chance?

10. DailyAdvancement Aug 19, 2019

, Well marked

11. DailyAdvancement Aug 19, 2019

:thumbsup:, ;), reply didn’t include my original emoji !