Forums Latest Members
  1. blasterzm Oct 6, 2018

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in buying. Would love to hear your opinion!
    Buyer said he doesn't have opened case photos because he doesn't want to risk manipulating well preserved case - Omega 562 caliber

Also do you think $800 USD a fair price?

Thank you so much!

omega1.jpg omega2.jpg omega3.jpg omega4.jpg omega5.jpg omega6.jpg omega7.jpg omega8.jpg omega9.jpg omega10.jpg omega11.jpg omega12.jpg
  2. michael22 Oct 6, 2018

Grossly overpriced.

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 7, 2018

With the aged dial, $500 max, the nice case can't make up for the dial.

4. chipsotoole Oct 7, 2018

Niceish standard Omega..i'm guessing from the early to mid 60's. One of many many tens, if not hundreds of thousands made.. Mebbe it's a cal 601. No shot of movement or caseback makes assaying difficult. Dial is ok, assuming movement is in a similar way: I personally wouldn't pay over 375 USD for it.

5. Slowpoker Oct 7, 2018

That's a half decent watch, however without opening the caseback we can't judge the condition of the innards.

I'm assuming that since the seller is afraid to open the back he hasn't serviced it ever. Case is nice but dial isn't the best.

I love that strap though, it pops and makes me judge the watch in a better light.

Overall at that price, I would politely decline and look elsewhere.

6. Rochete Oct 7, 2018

But there is no caseback, it is a monocoque. Most listings of monocoque watches show no innards due to the difficulties for opening.

7. Slowpoker Oct 7, 2018

That's something new I haven't heard of, thank you for clarifying.

Either way we can't judge the condition of the movement and thusly it would be a guess based on the dials condition and the fact that the case has never been opened, however that is exactly done.

tikkathree likes this.