Forums Latest Members

Conquest Versus All Guard?

1. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jul 31, 2013

If I missed such a discussion feel free to redirect me. I didn't see it when I searched.

As I understand it, the All Guard preceded the Conquest but was nearly identical (different rear lids). I have also read the All Guard may have been produced in fewer numbers.

Why is it the Conquest commands such a premium over the All Guard? Is it the cooler name, the green fish in the gold "pond?" Is it the longer lifespan of the name? Availability of Conquest models with dates and solid gold cases?

Not to bring attention to the value of All Guard (guess I just did :( ) but am I missing something?

2. ulackfocus Jul 31, 2013

The only thing I can think of is the cool factor of caseback medallions. Plus, IMO, the later Conquests had superior movements (29x series).

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 31, 2013

I also rather doubt that the All-Guards featured white gold markers...

[​IMG]

4. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jul 31, 2013

I wouldn't know how to tell, although on my much loved All-Guard the markers shine as if they were never exposed to the same elements as the rest of the dial. I also noticed something I didn't remember-the two-tone dial with the markers mounted on the ring.