Forums Latest Members
  1. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Feb 27, 2015

As a forum member I'm freshly hatched but like a lot of new kids on the block I've been following the sage-like advice from members for some time.
    My great desire is to own a Constellation -and after a reasonable amount of scouring the web for images and reference material, I even know what I would ideally like - a clean original dial, preferably a late 60's 564 cal. SS, dauphine hands, domed-faced version.
    The case style isn't that important -I pretty much like them all - I prefer a leather strap but would happily go for a watch with a bracelet. (so although I know what my ideal would be -I'm not tied to a 'grail' watch)

I've been tracking the auction sites and a watch that meets some of my criteria has come up.
    I'm not sure of the year but it looks to be early to mid-60's to my untrained eye and I'm fairly sure that the dial has been redone -the word 'officially' looks particularly shonky to me - any comments or advice would be gratefully received.

original.jpg

However, thats not reason I'm posting (as the thread title might suggest)
    As I said -I've been trawling the auction sites and I wanted to ask -were there ever Constellations produced with 12 arabic numerals?
    I haven't seen any references to them -but there are no less than three in a certain upcoming London auction.
    here is an example:

540x360.jpg

are these -let's say -watches with multiple personalities?
    any words of wisdom would be much appreciated.

2. ConElPueblo Feb 27, 2015

I'm not so sure that the first posted is a redial. The shonkiness might just be from distortion and scratches from the rough crystal. Lume and markers look fine.

3. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Feb 27, 2015

First watch looks ok. I've seen more than one with arabic numbers but never personally owned one.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 27, 2015

Yes. Particularly in the UK:

[​IMG]

http://www.old-omegas.com/catuk66.html

Some only had 11 numbers:p:D
    gatorcpa

5. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Feb 28, 2015

Many thanks for the replies -much appreciated
    The numbered Constellations are a new one on me -and while they fit the bill for a stainless Connie of the right age, I think I'll stick to the 'baton markers' versions.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 28, 2015

Yea I think unless you're talking Breguet numerals they don't really belong on a dress watch