Forums Latest Members
  1. welt9 Dec 15, 2012

Hello!

As a proud owner of an vintage Seamaster I am looking for another alfa Omega watch in my collection ;)

So, which Connie would you recommend? I do not prefer golden watches, as I like steel one better. And what should I look out - if I maybe go on a watch fair and buy it? The prices on ebay are really different, from 400$ and up.

For instance:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ome...986270547?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item19d74c1753Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCARSE-VINT...989780105?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item19d781a489Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    this is really nice, but black dials are forbiden, right? ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-SteelOMEG...516354502?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item53f07301c6Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

My price range is 1k$ + - . The most important thing is that it is a good buy ...

Thanks,
    Jan

p.s. On this place I have to say praise to respectable member Ulackfocus who helped me get my Seamaster. Respect!

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 15, 2012

First one is oke but dial is original but a bit aged.
    The next two are redials which I would avoid altogether.
    Connies are great watches but it is a minefield out there whether on auction at ebay or sold by a dealer.

3. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Dec 15, 2012

I think the second one has the dial and case manufactured here

<Link Removed>

[​IMG]
    They named it "Panpie Dial"

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 15, 2012

Watch number one is the ONLY one I would consider, in spite of it not having a photo of the movement. It is the only one which does not appear to have been bastardized.

Watch number two has a movement made from unrelated parts, the caliber 565 is not an adjusted movement and was NOT used in the Constellation. The black dial is suspect and the seller is know for selling bodged up junk like this. - AVOID!

Watch number three is by far the worst of the lot, having not only a badly refinished dial but also an incorrect caliber 565 movement. - AVOID!

5. Lex4TDI4Life Dec 15, 2012

I was taking a serious look at the second "Scarse" one. Glad they pulled the listing. He said it was an original, untouched dial....

6. welt9 Dec 17, 2012

OK, only number 1 was OK. Number one went for only 430$, which is a 100$ cheaper than my Seamaster :) I think that this is a very reasonable price, what do you think?

7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 17, 2012

I think you are much better off saving and purchasing quality pieces in nice condition.

welt9 likes this.
  8. welt9 Dec 17, 2012

9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Dec 17, 2012

I don't like the way the MEG are joined in Omega. I think we've had some posts on this before, but not sure. I'd suggest you look through the Recommended EBay Watches thread (it is a sticky in this forum) to get an idea of some nice watches

10. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 17, 2012

Yes, like that one. Very crisp and correct, but its not likely to go cheap.