Forums Latest Members
  1. dantaspaulo Jul 11, 2015

Gents,

How about this one?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 11, 2015

potentially nice Connie -but need better 'face on' pic of dial to tell if all is legit
    replacement crown

3. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 11, 2015

Zooming on the side pic, I'd bet money on the dial being legit (and it looks nice!). Crystal is original, crown is replacement.

Hands look ok, but seem to contain lume. Shouldn't the dial therefore read T Swiss Made T?

I reckon a ref. 168.005. Quickset date? If yes, it's a cal. 564, if not a 561.

dantaspaulo likes this.
  4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 11, 2015

I agree it is a lovely looking watch -but a face on shot will help see if it is all kosher
    I don't think I've seen a 564 with arabic numerals at 12, 6, 9
    my guess would be an earlier reference 14900 ? - with a cal 561
    but your right -if it is a quick set it's easy to tell
    OP -if you don't already know - to see if it is quickset
    pull the crown out one notch -so that the hands move -then carefully see if it will pull out a further notch
    if it does it is a quickset 564
    pushing it back in will change the date
    actually -before you do that -try the 'move hands to 12' (midnight) - back to 9 - and then back to 12 again -if this moves the date it will be earlier than a 564

I'm sure there is a post somewhere about T's on the dial -and when it was introduced
    I know there has been reams posted about missing Ts and how it isn't necessarily a sign of an iffy dial
    -can't see any lume on the indexes
    my later '67/'68 546 (168.005) only has one T -it has similar lumed hands and lume dots on the indexes -but it is something to do with the amount of tritium used on later models

unfortunately a couple of stars missing from the medallion -but if the front is as good as looks -that's not the end of the world

come on OP! -give us a better shot of the face -so we can tell you how good it is.......

Philip

dantaspaulo likes this.
  5. Geordie Jul 11, 2015

That face is good I think, you can make the sunburst out on the first pic.

6. Geordie Jul 11, 2015

Very similar IMG_4257.JPG to one I just sold.

7. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 11, 2015

Here's my 168.005 cal. 561, it's currently being overhauled and I've attached a brown croc to it.

image.jpg image.jpg

8. dantaspaulo Jul 11, 2015

Sorry, those are seller's pics :(

I'm asking for a movement shot, but I'm hoping for a 561 because I hate the date thing on 564. Would you guys say that USD 1100 is too much here?

9. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 11, 2015

ha! ha ! -'the date thing' on the 564 you hate so much is meant to be the pinnacle of Omega's achievement.......

for some reason I thought the watch was already in your possession
    -if you are asking for additional pics -then ask for a better (close up) shot of the dial at the same time

10. ConElPueblo Jul 12, 2015

From the pictures supplied by the seller, I'd say it's a redial. See how the angle of the 11 o'clock marker isn't the same as the opposite 1 o'clock marker? It's a bit more upright than the others...

Of course, it might have fallen of the dial at one point and reattached inexpertly, but I'd say it's a redial. Would happily be proven wrong, it's a good-looking watch! :)

11. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 12, 2015

woah! -well spotted @ConElPueblo -eagle eyes

I was more concerned that the seller could take an excellent 'art shot' of the side of the watch but not a detailed pic of the face.
    The watch could be perfectly legit but it just leaves a nagging doubt when you can't see the detail (especially when it does look good)

as for $1,100....?
    depends if it's on eBay or in a retail shop -if it's legit -and if its been serviced.
    retail that would be a good price for a kosher watch

I'm not sure about values of Conies in the States -anecdotally they bring less than in Europe and the UK - although Gold cap in Blighty is less popular than SS
    -but I think I would like to see it sub-$1,000 with that crown -and you're going to have to shell out $300+ for a service (more with a new Crown)

dantaspaulo likes this.
  12. JohnSteed Jul 12, 2015

Hi dantaspaulo

I'd think it's much too polished or worn down, logs and caseback

An example

Lug - -

image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg