Forums Latest Members
  1. Dr.Sascha Aug 5, 2014

With full understanding that we're on Omega turf here, I wanted to hear folks' opinions of the comparative merits, in terms of investment value, aesthetic appeal, and, most importantly, quality of movement of an early-60s Constellation pie-pan 561 or 565 vs. a 1950s Longines Conquest 206 cal. They're in about the same price range. I know, for example, that the 206 movements were all produced _entirely_ in-house by Longines--was this also true of the 561/565s? I'm told that Longines from this period are currently undervalued, but who knows if their value will really increase markedly, while a classic Connie seems always a wise choice by definition! I won't bother posting a pie-pan image, as you are all familiar with how lovely they are, but here's a few of the Longines (I'm not contemplating this one specifically, this is a long-term goal).

longines-conquest-1958.gif

Thoughts?

longines-conquest-1958-206 mvt.gif longines-conquest-1958-caseback.gif longines-conquest-1958-crown.gif
  2. Hijak Aug 5, 2014

Both are very nice but boy that Longines dial is spectacular!::love:: I have been lusting after a Conquest for a while now...that Conquest looks too good to pass up (in stainless steel no less), at the right price of course.

tinger likes this.
  3. Dr.Sascha Aug 5, 2014

My preciouosssss! Just kidding, here's the link. It's worth checking out just for the incredibly detailed and well-written description. I'm sure others on the forum could tell you more about the seller and where this rates on the range of value for money.

4. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Aug 6, 2014

5. davidswiss Aug 6, 2014

Has anyone here dealt with vintage watch collections ?
    I've checked out their site before and the watches look very good and the descriptions interesting. I'd have to say the Longines advertised has suddenly become desirable.